Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities in Armenia

The Armenian Volunteer Corps seeks skilled volunteers with a strong sense of responsibility.

AVC enjoys a reputation for sponsoring enthusiastic, open-minded volunteers who appreciate cultural differences. Set aside your expectations and use your abilities to make a difference.

AVC welcomes all individuals 21 years of age and older who are motivated to share their time and talents in Armenia for a minimum term of one month. Past volunteers have ranged in age from 21 to 72.

There are no language requirements.

Come Move Mountains.

Ric

Life Changing

The four months I spent volunteering in Yerevan changed the direction of my life. It opened up new doors and created new opportunities. It changed my perspective on life and what is important to me.

I volunteered with two different organizations. An after school group and an orphanage. Both positions offered more than I gave. I was able to maintain an ongoing relationship with both groups for over ten years.

Challenges. Remember to be patient. Listen first before you speak. It is a different culture.

Armenia offers many western conveniences and luxuries, but manages to be significantly cheaper. After spending multiple months in Yerevan, I have never had a safety/security issue.

At times, AVC could be more timely and responsive.