Belize is a one-of-a-kind destination blooming with diverse wildlife and scenic treasures. With Discover Corps you and your family will volunteer alongside leading Manatee conservationists, explore the the wonderful ecosystems of Belize, and venture to a remote island to snorkel along the colorful reefs to relax on white sandy beaches.
The adventure begins in the Payne's Creek Nature Reserve. Volunteers will explore mangroves, rivers, and nearby marine reserves. You and your family will volunteer alongside a leading manatee conservation organization to help collect critical data on these creatures including number of manatees, sizes, and overall health.
Volunteers will then travel to the laid back coastal town of Punta Gorda, and have the opportunity to visit nearby beaches, ancient Maya ruins, beautiful Frenchman Cayes.
- Volunteer monitoring conservation efforts of manatees, dolphins and other marine life
- Take a boat to a remote island off the coast of Belize and explore pristine beaches and rainforests
- Snorkel over colorful reefs in the crystal blue Caribbean waters
- Visit ancient Mayan ruins tucked in the rainforest and explore mystical caves
- Stay at a unique rustic guesthouse tucked into the Payne's Creek Nature Reserver before moving to an oceanfront hotel in Punta Gorda