FreeWildlifeBrazil Celine was founded by the couple Martine Schmid-Fiorini and Pedro Schmid, both Swiss veterinarians, who worried about the fate of the wild animals coming from the illegal traffic and seized by local authorities. In an improvised installation at their residence in Iporanga, they began to care for wild animals, enabling their return to nature. Thus, familiar with the necessary care and the requirements for the release of wild animals, they founded FreeWildlife Brazil Celine in the Atlantic Forest.
FWB C will primarily focus on the release of native birds and will monitor their progress after reintroduction. We have partnered with IPBio (Biodiversity Research Institute), an NGO that also works on the Betary Reserve with whom we cooperate closely, to develop a joint volunteer program.
2) Website Developer
3) Photography and Producing Videos
4) Communications & Fundraising
5) Volunteer Coordinator
- Help conserve the Atlantic Forest and, in turn, preserve natural habitats for wildlife in Brazil.
- Help with the reintroduction of birds into the wild as part of a rehabilitation project.
- Gain valuable, hands-on experience in wildlife conservation.
- Gain a deeper insight into ecology, zoology, and biology throughout your time in the center.
- Participate in numerous activities, which range from relaxing social events to exciting outdoor activities.