Make a REAL difference in Cameroon - From just $229!

Make a REAL difference in Cameroon - From just $229!

Cameroon has experienced very rapid urbanization has left casualties in its wake with HIV/Aids leaving large numbers of children orphaned and extreme poverty forcing children to survive without family from an early age. Cameroon schools, orphanages and medical services rely heavily on volunteers.

Our NGO partner offers many unique and innovative child and youth-centred programs that range from one time school construction projects to long term livelihood projects and from computer classes to vocational training for underprivileged youth. Love Volunteers shares their commitment to build a strong, stable and positive community in which members are valued.

Volunteers in Cameroon can enjoy a wonderful African experience in a country that has lots to offer yet has not really been discovered by the large tour groups and its easy to get around with the official languages being English and French.

Africa » Cameroon
1 Year+
Year Round
Love Volunteers registration fee, plus program fees starting at just US$229 for 2 weeks.
Program fees cover airport pickup, orientation, accommodation, and food (see website for specific program details).
The Love Volunteers registration fee covers any placements you undertake for twelve months from the start of your first placement.
This fee is refundable if you choose not to volunteer more than three months prior to the start of your initial placement.

Kevin
Montana
Northern Arizona University

Love Volunteers Cameroon

My main complaint with Love Volunteers is that they are simply a middle man. They hooked me up with a local NGO, which was great because I would have never found that NGO by myself. The problem is, for the two months I spent in Cameroon I paid Love volunteers upwards of 800$ in total. If you go directly to the NGO's website, it would have cost me 200$. Im pissed that I payed 600$ extra for basically nothing. They are making a massive profit off every good-hearted volunteer trying to make a difference in the world. Not sure I would give the local NGO a five star review either, but it was a good experience & I was well cared for the entire time I was in Africa.

Response from Love Volunteers

Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our program in Cameroon.
We’re surprised and sorry to hear you were disappointed with the role we played in securing your placement.
As you know we liaised with you in the two months leading up to your placement and provided all of the necessary information regarding your trip, answering all of your questions and ensuring you were well prepared so it’s a shame to hear you felt our service wasn’t worthwhile.
We take our role of placing volunteers with trusted partners seriously and spend a lot of time and effort finding, vetting and reviewing our partners and programs to ensure our volunteers have the best possible experience. We carry out program audits on a regular basis so we’re happy to hear that overall you had a good experience and were well cared for throughout your stay.
We work with our local partners to keep the fees to a minimum (they are some of the lowest available) and are set by our partners to cover the cost of hosting you as a volunteer. It is part of our ethos at Love Volunteers that we do not profit from the program fee – 100% goes to the local partners.
To clarify the situation in your case, our partner in Cameroon lists fees in Euro, but, converting to US Dollars, the program fee for 2 weeks ranges from US$160 - $190 (depending on the exchange rate). So for your 8 week stay it works out at US$640 – US$760. We’re not sure how you calculated a cost of US$200.
Our only source of income is the US$249 registration fee which covers the work we do with partners mentioned above and supporting volunteers like yourself.
We encourage volunteers to stay in touch with us throughout their stay and raise any concerns they may have so we can help to resolve them wherever possible. We’re sorry you felt you weren’t able to work with us to clarify this situation whilst you were in Cameroon.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed the program and we hope that you gained a lot from the experience.

clsmall
Grand Manan, New Brunswick, Canada

Wonderful Organization, Most amazing trip of my LIFE!!!

I have had an absolutely wonderful and amazing time on my volunteer trip! Everyone has been so friendly and helpful. I've felt like I've actually been able to make a difference in people's lives and have learned so much on this trip!
I definitely will be doing this again!

Response from Love Volunteers

Hi there,
So great to hear that we and our local team in Cameroon were able to fulfill our aim of improving the lives of those in the countries we work - as well as the lives of our volunteers.
Thanks for being an awesome volunteer!

Rosie
Buea, Cameroon

Volunteering is what you make of it

As in everything in life, a lot depends of yourself. That is especially the case when it comes to volunteering in Cameroon, out of my own and my friends experiences. You can be creative and realize yourself in many ways if you take initiative and really make clear what you want and intend to do. Biggest difficultie related to volunteering for me and many others her has defenetly been poor communication and for this reason it is extremely important to be active in order to get the maximum out of it. I also believe that the longer you stay, bigger the chances are to really have a positive impact on the environment. Overall, by doing more, you get more.

Response from Love Volunteers

Thanks Rosie,
We love seeing reviews such as yours; they explain the volunteering experience so aptly and are an excellent guide to future volunteers.
Thanks again for using your initiative and creativity and being proactive on the program in Cameroon; what a great volunteer!
All the best for the future.
The Team @ Love Volunteers

We are just a handful of passionate people working hard to help volunteers and local communities around the world. We don't have huge overheads - no company cars, no downtown office - we're just volunteers who thought we could do a better job. We work