View Other Details
Accomodation- $200 per month self contained room
community vounteer guide- $200 per month
In the past three years, the Anglophone Crisis has resulted in detrimental instability and conflict in the lives of Cameroonians. What started as peaceful strikes to end the marginalization of English-speaking regions in the country quickly turned into violent revolts, with government forces and anti-government forces clashing, plunging the country into destructive conflict. As a result of ongoing conflicts, there has been an increase in sexual violence against women that has had a devastating impact on individuals and communities. The City of Hope Women’s Centre will be a safe place for Cameroonian women and girls that have experienced a multitude of traumas resulting from this conflict.
- Learning opportunity
- Taste local food
- Visit to touristic sites-crafts centres
- Expirience a different culture
• Emotional and psychological: therapy and counseling treating post-trauma.
• Educational: IT computer with internet access, literacy classes, basic accounting classes.
• Entrepreneurial: workshops on small businesses, micro-loans, sustainable farming and agriculture, hair styling, among others.
• Health: information courses on women’s health such as reproductive health, sexually transmitted infections, safe sex, menstruation, prenatal care, healthy eating, gender-based violence, trafficking, among others.