View Other Details
Hi there! We are a small organization for conservation and stewardship located on site a ranch and would like to start one or two permaculture gardens in the Cariboo-Chilcotin district of British Columbia, Canada. We share our home with 34 mountain horses, two pigs, chickens and purpose-driven people from all over the world. Our current goal is to become more self-sustainable on all pathways. As part of the planned improvements we seek to grow our own vegetables to supply some of our needs and further reduce the long transportation times of our groceries to our remote location, but also to educate our volunteers and the public that visits us on a sustainable and natural way of living. We seek to live and work in harmony with nature and create a holy, sustainable concept for our property and lifestyle.
If you’re passionate about nature and gardening, you have experience with permaculture, and the description speaks to you, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Help the rach in reducing its carbon footprint by becoming organic and self-sustainable
- To inspire people to live more with nature and leave behind a “heritage” that will keep spreading the word in order to make this world a better place and raise awareness about sustainable practices and permaculture
- Opportunity to get further involved in local conservation projects within our NGO
- Being part of our unique, supportive and international community that is interested in growth and personal transformation, striving for a higher purpose than themselves
- Living in a remote wilderness setting with breathtaking nature and plenty of wildlife, that you can explore in your free time, by foot or horseback
Maintain our garden at a remote wilderness ranch location.
Share and implement ideas for growing more of our food on site.
Teach others the skills needed to care for crops grown in the garden.
Research and implement sustainable practices.