View Other Details
Maison Emmanuel is a life-sharing community based on Anthroposophy, and modeled on the Camphill Communities existing worldwide. We are approximately 50 people (including 22 adults in need of special care) living and working together in the beautiful Laurentian mountains, 100 km (60 miles) north of Montreal. House parents, together with their children and young coworkers live in family-like settings. The rhythmic structure of the household, workshops (bakery, candle-making, small farm, garden, weaving, pottery, woodwork), and therapies creates the warm, supportive environment of community living. Shared meals, seasonal festivals, plays, birthday celebrations and outings help create bonds of friendship and responsibility where everyone learns to care and provide for the needs of the others.
- Experience meaningful work as a fundamental part of finding your place in the world and contributing not only to your own well-being, but to that of those around you.
- Engage in organic agriculture, in crafts using natural materials, in homemaking with an emphasis on orderly warmth and the sharing of tasks, or in cooking with healthy natural ingredients.
- Celebrate community events, festivals, special gatherings, and birthdays.
- Learn or improve your fluency in French and/or English.
- Visit Montréal, Québec, and other cities, or go hiking, swimming, canoeing, skiing, ice skating, snowshoeing, etc. during your free time.