View Other Details
- Includes lodging with private room & private bathroom at historic Minga House!
- Includes breakfast & dinner, housekeeping, laundry service, and facility with pool, basketball court, soccer field, and amazing views.
- 30-Day Minimum Stay
- No Max Time Limit!
Your program & lodging payment is a Deductible Charitable Contribution. (U.S. 501c-3 Not for Profit Organization)
You will have the opportunity to train and experience real-life medical care in various settings working alongside professionals. This is a perfect experience for both students and professionals. You may participate in all the programs concurrently or consecutively as your time permits.
Volunteer Health Programs:
- Emergency medicine - 911 EMT ride along participating with weekly work schedule alongside first responders in actual emergency calls & training. You may do (4) 12-hr shifts per week, switching from day to night.
- Hospital rotation - Nursing & pharmacy care, shadowing professionals assigned to a specific role & rotations
- Elderly care - Retirement homes & hospice for the homeless elderly
- Nursing assistant school - help instruct and care for patients
- Refugee & Homeless free medical clinics - both urban and rural settings working alongside Colombian medical doctors and pharmacists
- Veterinary Surgery - participate in all aspects of veterinary medicine
- Real life medical experience
- EMT/Paramedic Shifts
- Hospital Rotations
- Refugee & Homeless free medical clinic
- Retirement Home Care
You can gain real-life experience in the fields of healthcare.