Experience Costa Rica while helping local projects! Volunteers will be placed all around Costa Rica and work on projects of their choice.
GoEco offers something for everyone, so check out the options below and start planning your Costa Rican excursion!
- Sea Turtle Conservation: Help save the sea turtles such as the ridley and the leatherback from human poachers and beach erosion. Volunteers will conduct research and help with conservation work, such as collecting eggs, rescuing turtles, taking shell measurements, and tagging the turtles. Volunteers will begin their volunteer project with a one-week orientation and Spanish course to help them learn about Costa Rican culture and to refresh any forgotten Spanish.
- Teaching and Social Work in San José: Volunteer in disadvantaged communities around the city of San José by helping with a variety of social work projects. Some of the different projects include teaching arts and crafts, organizing games and recreational activities, or teaching English. Volunteers will begin their project with a one-week orientation and Spanish language course.
- Animal Rescue and Conservation: Many of the wild animals in Costa Rica have suffered from habitat destruction, poaching, and lack of wildlife protection, which has threatened many of the animals’ survival. The project works with the Wildlife Rescue Center and the Paradero Animal Rescue Center to help protect the wildlife. Volunteers will have a variety of responsibilities such as preparing food, cleaning enclosures, and maintaining the trails.
- Jaguar Research and Conservation: Learn about jaguars and Costa Rican rainforests and ecosystems. Most of the volunteer work will pertain to jaguars and researching their behavior, but volunteers will also help conduct research on other animals in the Costa Rican rainforests such as turtles and birds. Volunteers gain hands-on experience in wildlife research and surveying.
- Under 18 Community Involvement: Volunteer in a local community with a variety of projects that will help their community grow and become stronger. Some of the projects may include construction work on their educational facilities or engaging the children in sports and other recreational activities. Volunteers will also enjoy a week of adventure activities such as surfing, white water rafting, and zip lining!
- Social Work Internships: Volunteers will have the opportunity to assist with a variety of social work projects from working with children to providing medical assistance to women in need. Gain hands-on experience in a social work setting, which provides volunteers with practical and professional experience to begin a social work career.