Wildlife & Sustainability Volunteering in Costa Rica
- Costa Rica
- Puerto Limón
View Other Details
Planet One World is an agroecological farm in the tropical rainforest Los Guardianes Wildlife Refuge. Our mission is to protect this astonishing piece of earth and through following our vision, we try to educate people on different sustainable living techniques. These mainly focus on working with nature. Participating at Planet One World's volunteering, you will gain deep insights into agroecological farming, wildlife protection, animal husbandry, wild animal treatment as well as forestry and forestry engineering.
Besides that, Planet One World is working together and supporting BriBri-communities. Get to know the indigenous culture, sleep in Indian tipis, experience a rafting tour in the BriBri-reserve and have an in-depth conversation with a shaman. Volunteering should be mutually beneficial for the environment and you! That is why we do activities and tours on Friday and leave the weekends for you to use the beach house and relax on the beach.
Video and Photos
- Be a Wildlife Sanctuary ranger, monitor animals in the rainforest, have physical contact with wildlife in the farm, the sanctuary and at the local Rescue Center.
- Lose yourself in the beauty of nature and enjoy exploring Costa Rica during our tours and your leisure time down at the most beautiful beaches of Costa Rican Caribbean side.
- Teach at a local school, get to know alternative constructions.
- Live and work within a remote indigenous village, learn from a traditional Awá Shamán (an ethnobotanical indigenous doctor), gain real farm work skills.
- We speak fluent English, Spanish, German and Japanese, and even some BriBri! To improve your communication skills you will learn some Spanish during your time here.
You will leave a big impact. Strengthening the indigenous communities by contributing with your work and your interest in their culture and way of life. You protect a high biodiverse nature reserve where endangered animals and plants will find a long-term home and we won't stop there. Our vision is to protect as much nature as possible. We further try to convince more private owners to join our private Los Guardianes Wildlife Refuge.
Additionally, we hope that the impact will also affect you. We will make an effort to give you a good sustainable living education. Being aware of these things you are a big part of the overall impact you will leave and also get by volunteering at Planet One World.
Great question! Once you send a message or press Apply Now, the provider of this program will receive your message or application, and guide you to the next step. All you have to do is fill out a few details! The entire process should only take a few days and every message will appear in your personal inbox