Proyecto Asis Animal Rescue Center

Proyecto Asis is officially recognized by and work in close coordination with the Ministry of the Environment and Energy(MINAE) and the Monteverde Conservation League, a non-profit organization that administers the world-renowned Children´s Eternal Rainforest, a private reserve of 54,000 acres.

We also look forward to working with you! You can either come as a day visitor or a short-term volunteer through one of our volunteer programs. Proyecto Asis has a variety of different volunteer programs, all of wich, focus on environmental conservation and wildlife preservation. We've worked with professionals, universities, high schools, tour agencies, and individuals. Please contact us for more information on our current programs or how to customize a program.

Amy

Wonderful Animal Volunteer Program

My overall experience in Costa Rica was amazing and I fell in love with the country and Proyecto Asis. I would highly recommend touring or volunteering at Proyecto Asis in Costa Rica.

THIS SPACE COMBINES MY COMMENTS & TIPS TO CONSIDER

My Volunteer Work was for 2 weeks
1. The work was fun, meaningful and an opportunity to pitch in to make a difference. The staff (Teniente, Ruben, Carlos, Marielena and Gonzalo) help make the work enjoyable. The managers of the place Adriana and Alvero are really helpful. Staff was so helpful in arranging weekend adventures or tours for volunteers.Costa Rican landscape varies and is breath taking to drive.

2. It was thrilling to work with the animals & see also in the wild: Macaws, Toucans, Parrots, Parakeets, Sloths, Monkeys, Iguanas, Porcupines, Hummingbirds. Interacting, watching, feeding and caring these Animals is an authentic and unique experience.

3. The tours and volunteer program are well organized. Interacting and caring for the animals was the best part. The philosopy and dedication to all animals was outstanding. Proyecto Asis takes in hurt or abandoned animals and works to re-habilitate. Their goal, whenever possible, is to enable the animals to be released into the wild again.

Staying with a Host Family was an authentic cultural experience. Cielo and Alfredo were very warm hosts, and extended themselves to ensure I was comfortable in their home. I brought a simple language translation book which helped our conversations.

Food was wonderful. The water was fine to drink.

TIPS FOR VOLUNTEERS :
1. understand when is rainy season.
2. bring bug spray & anti itch cream
3. bring a long sleeved wind breaker
4. bring an inexpensive light poncho (they have them in C.R. too)

About Proyecto Asis

Proyecto Asis is an organization dedicated to wildlife protection, environmental conservation, and fostering positive cultural exchanges through education and service. It serves as an animal rescue center, Spanish school and volunteeer center....