View Other Details
Discover Corps' Havana Weekend Getaway will take you through the alleyways in Old Havana that echo salsa music to the bustling seaside boardwalk known as the malecon.
Travelers will arrive in Havana to join a panoramic tour of the city's main sites and grand squares, get a deep understanding of Cuba's rich musical heritage through interactions with local Cubans, and have the opportunity to eat at local paladars, or privately-owned restaurants only recently accepted by the Cuban Government.
You will also have the opportunity to leave Havana for an afternoon to visit Ernest Hemingway's old house in Cojimar, a charming seaside town. Throughout your journey, stay in casas particulares, or family-run bed & breakfasts, that offer privacy, hot water, air conditioning, and of course, Cuban hospitality.
***UPDATE: Even after the June 2019 U.S. restrictions on travel to Cuba, Discover Corps can legally operate trips due to its specialized "Support for Cuban People" license.
- Walk along cobblestone streets of quaint Old Havana and learn about its rich history and changing future from local residents
- Learn salsa dancing with an Afro-Cuban dance company
- Watch vintage cars drive along Havana's seaside boardwalk - the Malecon
- Visit a factory transformed into a hub for Cuban art and music, and experience Havana's rich nightlife
- Visit the home of Ernest Hemingway before heading back to your casa particulare, or family-run bed & breakfast