Rescue an Amazon Community and Learn Spanish from only US $150

Volunteering in the three nursery in the Amazon Forest in Ecuador
Volunteering in the three nursery in the Amazon Forest in Ecuador
Volunteering in Community Development in the Amazon Forest in Ecuador
Volunteering in Community Development in the Amazon Forest in Ecuador

This charming country is one of the most bio-diverse countries in the World and offers some of the greatest wonders of nature. It is a very inexpensive country with great food and friendly people. Actually, Ecuadorians are the nation’s greatest treasure: kind, warm-hearted, tranquil and generous.
Iko Poran volunteers have a different mix of opportunities in this remote village inside the Rain Forest that include:
Teach English; Work in the vegetable gardens; Or in the medicinal plant section;
Plant trees on the re-forestation project; Work in the plant nursery; Work in the craft workshop; Plant coffee trees and pick coffee beans; Hand milk cows; Create footpaths in the cloud forest; And many more.
Volunteers have a very personal experience with a flexible approach, which guarantees that different volunteering activities can be chosen and tried during their placements.
All of this is complemented by a wide range of leisure activities.
Join us for the experience of your lifetime!!

• Volunteerism should not be expensive for those want to lend a hand.
  • Only international volunteer organization based in a developing country.
  • Other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations.
  • Most affordable program and registration fees! Program fees starting at only $150!
  • We are not targeting any surplus revenues. All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs

Sam

Las Tolas was a gem

So my girlfriend and I spent a week and a few days in a little village called Las Tolas. The people there were beyond amazing! They were happy, supportive and generally loved life. They were such a good and connected community. Everyone knew everyone!
The days off from work were awesome, as we got to go to little waterfalls with the village's personal guide, Solomon. He was very insightful and knowledgeable about basically everything in the area. From the local humming birds to the different rocks on the side of the rivers. He knew every town, and seemingly every person that inhabited it.
Our family were overly happy to have us and we were overly happy to spent time with them. We worked hard during most days, out in different farms, but I wouldn't have traded the views for anything. Jaw-dropping stuff. It was an insane trip and I would do it again in a heart beat! Thanks for every one at Iko Poran and Last Tolas organisations for making this happen.

More clear detail about how we would arrive, who we would greet. But overall it was amazing
Ming

Ecuador Volunteer Program

I'm writing this review based on my experience as a one month volunteer in Ecuador. I was assigned with a Ecuadorian family and they were very friendly and treated me as their own family. When I first got there, my Spanish was bad and my 'family' helped me bargain with the taxi driver and helped me settle down. I got the best living situation in the house which I appreciated very much but also thought I didn't deserve my 'family' treating me so well. My daily job is to teach english to the kids in the village and helped my host-family grandma do some farming job. I enjoy very much the time living there. I got the chance to feel the nature and experience this life that I will remember for the rest of my life. During the 'hard' but happy time, my Spanish improved from zero foundation to be able to understand daily conversation. I was also introduced the traditional crafting in Ecuador. I'm a world traveler and a culture lover and I have been to a lot countries during the recent years. But Ecuador is my second hometown where I find my soul, experience the real humanity regardless of language obstacles and cultural barriers. I loved this experience and I will be back again.

It will be better if the connection with local family is improved. Sometimes the internet is not good in this small village, so volunteers need someone who can speak english well.

About Iko Poran Volunteer Abroad - IKPVA

IKPVA offers a wide range of affordable, safe and meaningful volunteer projects in Latin America, Africa, and Asia. Our variety of programs includes Teaching, Childcare, Community Development, NGO Support, Construction, Environment Protection, Animal...