Amigos de las Americas - Ecuador: Santa Elena

Venture into rural, coastal communities around the beautiful province of Santa Elena while volunteering with local students and living with a host family. This region is home to thousands of small-scale fishermen, giving it a vibrant yet laid back attitude. Santa Elena is renowned for its magnificent coast line and rich waters. Surfers from around the world have been flocking to enjoy its northern beaches for decades!Earn 215 service hours while you learn about the world by living in it!

• Live like a local with a host family
  • Improve your Spanish through authentic immersion
  • Earn up to 215 service hours
  • Make new friends from around the world

New virtual gap year program

AMIGOS & Tufts University just launched a new virtual gap year experience for fall 2020: the Civic Action Gap Semester! Explore social change across the Americas, make an impact through a civic volunteership, engage with your community, and earn college credit.

johnsontraveler

A Wonderful Summer

I volunteered in Peru last summer, 2011, and had a fantastic time. I ate a lot of potatoes and soup, consumed lots of tea, had intriguing conversations, met some of the most incredible people of my life, and improved my Spanish. My summer changed my life. I feel so fortunate that I was able to have such a unique experience. I can't say enough good things about my summer. It has been most incredible experience of my life, so far, until next summer in Oaxaca!