• Ecuador

Airfare
Mar 15, 2022
May 02, 2012
0 travelers are looking at this program

Venture into rural, coastal communities around the beautiful province of Santa Elena while volunteering with local students and living with a host family. This region is home to thousands of small-scale fishermen, giving it a vibrant yet laid-back attitude. Santa Elena is renowned for its magnificent coastline and rich waters. Surfers from around the world have been flocking to enjoy its northern beaches for decades! Earn 110 service hours while you learn about the world by living in it!

Focus on youth empowerment while volunteering with our local partner organization, Plan International. Live with a host family to truly immerse yourself in Ecuadorian culture!

Program Highlights

• Live like a local with a host family
  • Improve your Spanish through authentic immersion
  • Earn 110+ service hours
  • Make new friends from around the world
  • Support service projects run by our local partner organization

johnsontraveler

A Wonderful Summer

I volunteered in Peru last summer, 2011, and had a fantastic time. I ate a lot of potatoes and soup, consumed lots of tea, had intriguing conversations, met some of the most incredible people of my life, and improved my Spanish. My summer changed my life. I feel so fortunate that I was able to have such a unique experience. I can't say enough good things about my summer. It has been most incredible experience of my life, so far, until next summer in Oaxaca!