View Other Details
Breakfast and dinner, and lodging
Excursions and cultural activities
Amizade signature course (3 credits)
Transportation to all activities and excursions
Traveler and health insurance
Spanish classes (5 hours/week)
In-country support from the Ecuador site team 24/7
Known as the County of Love, San Miguel de Los Bancos (S.M.L.B) is a rural, agricultural, and dairy farming county with easy access to Quito. S.M.L.B straddles the highlands and the coast, and the culture is a blend of the meeting of these two geographical regions.
In this unique 10-week on the ground program, you'll take online classes at your home university, while living and working in the rural community of S.M.L.B. You'll also have the option to take Spanish classes while in Ecuador.
When you get to S.M.L.B., the Amizade site director will help you set up your social action placement and weekly service. You'll likely be with an organization (10 hours a week or more) that focuses on one of these themes:
Environmental Sustainability & Conservation
Education & After school activities
- Excursions include: Quito’s historic center, Otavalo, the Middle of the World, Pedernales beach, and local sites in and around San Miguel de Los Bancos.
- Get the most out of this experience with a homestay placement
- No credit transfers necessary! This program is more immersive, responsible, and borderless than traditional study abroad
- Not ready to go home? Pick another ten week block in the same or different country!
- Deadlines for fall semester as late as August 1