Affordable Volunteer Programs in Ecuador from $270

Kids were so affectionate!!
Kids were so affectionate!!
Quito pic
Two children coloring at Sangolqui Market
Posing with a young girl at Sangolqui Market
Posing with a young girl at Sangolqui Market
Trip Photo

Trusted by 100,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the most popular volunteer programs in Quito and 40+ other destinations around the world.

You can choose from 10 volunteer project options in Quito and give back for periods ranging from 1 week to 12 weeks. Your Program Fee includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, breakfast and dinner and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in a volunteer house or homestay in central Quito, with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.

IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers every year, so before you even depart for Ecuador, you’ll receive outstanding personalized service from your expert Volunteer Program Manager and exclusive access to superior pre-departure volunteer training.

With IVHQ, you can expect to establish real connections within the local community while supporting projects that make a genuine difference.

IVHQ Volunteer Projects Available in Ecuador:

• Teaching English
  • Street Children Work
  • School Support Program
  • Summer Project
  • Kindergarten Project
  • Administration Support
  • Highly affordable program fees starting from $270 - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs.
  • Affordable Spanish language lessons available
  • You’ll be joining between 10 and 20 other IVHQ volunteers who start in Ecuador each month.
  • You’ll be traveling with IVHQ, the volunteer travel experts, and joining a network of 100,000+ volunteers. Our outstanding safety systems and track record set us apart, we are the world’s safest organization.

Don't overexert yourself. If you do too much too early you'll start to feel sick. But DO be active. Walk about the city with your friends, explore, travel... just make sure to take plenty of breaks as you need to. You will find that slowly but surely you'll begin to acclimate! Also: Drink lots of water! Really, it helps.

Sungi

Experienced History in Santa Elena, Ecuador

I volunteered for two weeks in Santa Elena, Ecuador with Volunteer Connection Ecuador (VCE), via IVHQ. My experience was definitely unique to say the least. The first week I was there, the President made a political decision which set the entire country in an uproar; resulting in nationwide protests, road closures and bus shutdowns. Feel free to look it up if you're interested. It was the removal of the subsidy for diesel fuel. I believe it's been resolved.

Nevertheless, being that Santa Elena is along the coast, which was away from the majority of the protests, I never felt unsafe. In fact, being from New York, I'm used to protests and people being upset over something a government official has done. So it didn't really phase me much. I mentioned this mainly to suggest that you research the political climate for anywhere you travel in the world, just to prepare yourself for what to possibly expect.

However, regarding my volunteer experience; it was great! I initially signed up for the Environmental Education project. But due to the buses being shut down, I couldn't go to that after the 1st two days. This actually turned out to be for the best, as my local program manager, Gina, was able to adapt quickly to finding alternate ways for us to serve the community. We ended up painting a mural for a local school, which turned into multiple people in the community asking us to do the same for other locations that the local kids used for either playing or learning. This ended up being a great way for us to serve the community, due to the direct impact it had. So many people were grateful for the work we did, that they even posted it in the community Whatsapp and Facebook pages. We'd be sitting in a local restaurant and people would come up to us to say thank you and say jokingly how we were now "famous" in the area.

Along with painting, we also did some beach cleanups. It's not until you're 5 large trash bags in, that you realize how much of a mess we humans make to our environments. I definitely recommend anyone to volunteer with IVHQ and taking a chance on Santa Elena, Ecuador. You'll spend on average $3.00 USD per meal, the people are friendly and beaches are really nice. If you go in the summer, June-Sept., you might even get to see turtles coming on shore to give birth. My advice is keep an open mind and be adaptable.

What was your funniest moment?
Funniest moment would have to be using the bathroom in my room, in the volunteer house. The bathroom is really small and my roommate and I are each 6ft tall. We couldn't sit down without our knees pushing open to door, so we had to figure out ways to make it work. Although we had the option of using the upstairs bathroom, which was way bigger, we decided not to, mainly due to the sheer hilariousness of it all. Gives a better story to tell later on if you have a good sense of humor.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Sungi, thanks for your review of our Ecuador - Santa Elena program. I'm so glad to hear that, despite the political unrest and change to your project, you had such a rewarding experience. I liked hearing about your funny moment with the bathroom! It's the small things like this that make the best memories! Thank you so much for your adaptability and for the amazing contribution that you made to this project. It is so obviously appreciated by this community. We welcome you to come back and volunteer with us soon! ^ Kate - IVHQ Ecuador - Santa Elena Program manager

Sophie Eve

Incredible and life changing

My name is Sophie and I’m from Canada (the French part!). I’m currently studying in psychology and I just finished volunteering in Quito, Ecuador, on the Shelter project. During the project I worked at the Albergue San Juan de Dios with the most amazing people in the world! They have the biggest hearts and they work so hard to help others in need; it was an honor for me to give them a hand. The opportunity to experience a different culture while still being able to give back to individuals who are in need, was something I could not pass up on. Seeing how some of them had a hard life made me more appreciative of the resources that are easily accessible to individuals such as myself. The experience overall was incredible and life changing. I loved every second and would volunteer again a million times. Ecuador feel like a second home to me now.

What was the most unfamiliar thing you ate?
The cacao fruit! It tasted nothing like chocolate… but it was good.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for the lovely review, Sophie! It's great to read that the program in Ecuador has had a positive impact on your life and thank you for you valuable contribution to the program in Ecuador. We hope to have you join us again sometime soon! ^Grace - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

Amanda

Ivhq Quito, Ecuador

Ivhq was the first volunteer program I have done. I was nervous before I left, wasn't sure what to expect, and I was traveling alone. No matter how many questions I had before I landed in Ecuador, someone was there to help. Once I landed in Quito, everything was better than what I thought it would be. The staff was incredible and helped with everything. Any questions about the city, country, my program, anything, they were there to help. I worked for 5 weeks in a school helping to teach English. I adore those kids and wish I could have stayed longer. The country was amazing and it's a hidden gem that more people should learn about, such a Cotopaxi, the roses, making chocolate, city of Baños, exploring the Amazon... everything was amazing. Thank you IVHQ.

Headshot
Jingying

6 weeks NGO support (street children) - Quito

I spent 6 weeks on NGO support in Quito, Ecuador working alongside UBECI, a local NGO established since 1999, aiming to eliminate child labour by providing educational programs to children in south Quito markets, encouraging them to develop an interest in learning, as well as cognitive/social skills, so that they'll be better equipped for life.

Volunteers in the NGO support/admin role primarily assist the Director in a variety of daily tasks, depending on what the organization's needs are - translation, videography, report-writing, fundraising, social media, business strategy planning, improving financial accountability etc It is recommended that volunteers have a basic level of Spanish, in order to communicate effectively. It would also be hugely beneficial to have some work experience, and/or fundraising/grant-writing/international relations background, as volunteers are expected to come together, share ideas/past experiences and collaborate. As a finance professional, I assisted the Director in reviewing their budget tracking process, financial statements, wrote a donor report, and drafted a framework for improving accountability.

Working hours are 830AM - 430PM from Tuesdays to Fridays. We have the weekends and Mondays off, and it's really easy & cheap to travel out of town, or just spend a day walking about the historical old town, visit museums, people-watch at the Plaza, and enjoying the many culinary delights scattered around the city. Quito is very safe for tourists and generally it's more convenient to take Uber (personal preference).

For accommodation, I opted for a homestay. You'll definitely get a more 'local' experience living with a family. Breakfast and dinner are included, even on weekends if you're staying in. The best part is our home is located a mere 2-minute walk from the office. Cheap lunch options are plenty nearby, and there's a huge mall (El Recreo) with a cinema and supermarket.

Recommended minimum period - 1 month. This is in order to really understand the organization and its challenges, to contribute meaningfully, more importantly, ensure continuity to existing projects - also because there's a ton of information & data to work with.

Make use of this opportunity to practise your Español! Learn a few basic phrases, then take lessons once you arrive - VCE (IVHQ's local partner) provided 1-to-1 classes for an affordable rate, and everyone has found it very useful in your daily work.

Connect to past & current volunteers on Facebook to find out if they need anything in particular, so you can come well-prepared instead of being confused for your first few days. There will definitely be "down time" where it may seem like there's nothing much to do, speak to your fellow volunteers and don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't forget what you're here for!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Thanks for taking the time to write such an informative review Jingying! I really enjoyed hearing about your time on the NGO Support Project, it seems that you were able use your skills and expertise to make a significant contribution! It sounds like you also had a great time exploring Quito and surrounds! We would love to have you volunteer IVHQ again anytime! Grace - IVHQ Program Manager

Haley

IVHQ Quito is a trip I will cherish FOREVER

IVHQ was an amazing opportunity I am so appreciative to have had. IVHQ was thorough and extremely helpful throughout the entirety of the process (before, during, and after). Everything went so smoothly and they even helped me retrieve my lost luggage. The program itself once I arrived in Quito was phenomenal. You truly get to interact and make a difference no matter the duration of your time there. I taught English to grades 1-7 and I was only there for a week, but I do truly feel I was able to help make these children visualize long term goals for learning English through helping them complete a short term goal. If you are considering volunteering with IVHQ, do not hesitate. The price is also very good and all the staff are exceptionally friendly.

No improvements needed, everything about this program went above and beyond my expectations.
Sven

Sven in Santa Elena

I worked with IVHQ as a volunteer in Santa Elena, Ecuador on the Environmental Education programme. The organisation was great. It provided all the information I needed before making a decision about where and what voluntary work I wanted to do. I never had an issue or a problem during application or registration. All the necessary preparation steps were properly explained. Before arriving the communication was clear and sufficient. All information was provided. In Ecuador the accomodation was clean and had everything I could wish for. Everything was done to make me feel welcome and at ease. The local staff was friendly and helpful. The work itself was also nice and fullfilling. With the work I got to know and help the local community. In short: I absolutely recommend working as a volunteer with IVHQ.

The local organisation (COASE) will grow and improve with the years. No specific recommendations required.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Sven - thank you for your contribution to the Santa Elena volunteer program! We hope you join us again soon. Rachel - IVHQ Program Manager.

Jilene

Two months In Ecuador

I spent 2 months volunteering in Quito Ecuador in a private school. Also, I volunteered last year but I kept my review in a doc. I've decided to post it here for future volunteers. I'm from the states and I've studied abroad 2x prior to this volunteer trip. I'm also semi-fluent in spanish at a B2 level. Ok, let's begin.

Volunteer Placement:
I volunteered at a private school in south Quito. I assisted a teacher for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grade classes. I helped the teacher pronounce words and corrected their grammer as they were at an upper-intermediate level of English but weren’t fluent. One time after classes my head teacher asked me how to pronounce the difference between, “beach” and “b*itch”. I enjoyed my placement a lot, but I felt four weeks was enough because even the children eventually lose interest. They cried like crazy when my friend, Yan, was only there for 2 weeks. They like new faces. Also, I feel I would have made a better impact at a public school where there were 0 teachers of English and budget cuts.
Homestay:
I stayed at 2 different homestays during my 8 weeks of volunteering. For the first 4/5 weeks, I was at S's (since this is a late review I'm gonna call her "S" but if you're there you'll know). I really liked our living quarters. It was sort of like a hostel and us volunteers had privacy. There were 2 beds to a room and some of us got our own. She was a 20 minute walk from VCE or 25 cent, 5 minute bus ride. Her food was okay at times, and delicious others. She was a bit stingy at times and skimped on giving us 6, satisfying portions. She also did a few shady things and made up rules but I would give her a 7/10. Unfortunately, my other housemates were brutally honest in their feedback form and the volunteers before us had also made several complaints to the head of VCE so we were moved into different locations and they put S on a “2 month break”. I really hope she is still serving volunteers though. She was sweet and she tailored one of my skirts. After, I got placed in Myra’s house alone because I was staying the longest and a “big group was coming in 2 weeks”. I heard a few things about her house but they didn’t seem to drastically negative….If I only knew. If you are with a decent sized group at Myra’s your food quality should be okay. The best places to stay would be at America’s and the volunteer house. I heard about those 2 the most. The best breakfast is at the volunteer house. If you stay at Myra or Susana’s you will get bread, jam, a fruit and tea. The volunteer house makes omelettes, pancakes, etc.

Language Lessons:
Don’t buy too much at first. I originally paid for 30, then lowered it to 20. If I had to do it again I would have just stuck with 12 or none at all. If you are a beginner/intermediate, you may find it beneficial to take lessons but I would not recommend it for advanced students. 3/5 volunteers who lived with me took the beginner classes and none of them liked it. One didn’t even finish. However, I did meet other non-advanced volunteers to enjoyed their 12 hours but most people were bored. If you are a language lover like me and you are a beginner just buy 12 hours and decide if you want to extend or not. I’m advanced and even my teacher said I did not need to take lessons, I only needed conversation practice, which he failed at giving. I was past subjunctive, etc. Another advanced student from Switzerland lived with me as well and did not find it beneficial to take lessons. After finishing my hours I bought some Verbling.com lessons from another teacher. You decide.

Volunteer Connection Ecuador(VCE):
Sigh, I’m on the fence. They do really great with the feedback they receive when you fill out a form every two weeks. If you make a complaint they ask if you want to leave and switch you from a project. The negatives would be miscommunication and low level of English from some workers. They also treat us like children. Besides the curfew, one time I emailed the head of VCE that I would be taking off my first day after over 7 weeks of volunteering. They ignored my emails and only communicated with my host mother for 3 days. This ruined my last week as my driver was told not to show up as my host mother had not seen me as of yet. You can't come here for 2 weeks and feel you know what's happening.

Ecuador:
The first country I’ve been to with no beggars. If poor people want money, they either sell something or they perform. That was my biggest shock. It was beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, the country is beautiful with nice food and diverse landscapes. I love how close everything was and how there were endless things to do each weekend. It’s also very cheap for those of us from the US, Europe, and other wealthier countries.

Volunteers:
Most are young. Either late teens or in their twenties. There were a handful of older folk in my 8 weeks. I saw 3 in person. Many came for short stints my first 6 weeks and my last two, people came for 8+ weeks. The main negative of this placement are all the short term stints however, but it's life. Not everyone has time. It’s easy to make friends as you all live together and volunteer together, especially with the street children project. Depending on your stay, you could get really amazing people, or the opposite (not bad but boring), but most people are the same as back home except a handful may think they’re special because they travel. On that trip I met great people, but only about 5 stood out. I’m sure I wasn’t any more special to anyone else either. Just regular gap year folks.

VCE Impact:
I felt we were needed. Many schools lacked English teachers. There weren’t any particular jobs that us volunteers took from other locals. At first, I was suspicious of the street children project until I volunteered 3 days with it. The children in the market really look forward to the volunteers. They are so poor that their parents have them working in the market with them, and a lot of the children I saw had rotten teeth and dirty clothes. The street children project brought them excitement, gave them attention, taught them lessons, and most of all, allowed them to be kids.

Also, sometimes I felt like IVHQ could be doing more. Like there was some type of maintaining poverty or the current situation of the people for the volunteers. I’m not sure how much money VCE gets from us volunteers, but it appears to be little as the NGO team has to request a lot of donations to keep on running. Some projects seem very simple. In fact, most projects make an impact but not a strong change for the people as most volunteers are short term. I also read online that VCE isn’t allowed to take any non-IVHQ volunteers on. That sounds super sketch. You would think IVHQ wants to help as many suffering people as possible but a lot of it is about money. They are the middle man. Check the next topic.

Ethics:
The only thing I was adamant about before volunteering abroad was no orphanages. It just seemed extremely unethical to me. Today I still do not know where I stand on the issue of volunteers working with orphans short term. I’ve read about the positives and negatives. Anyway, some time after my trip I discovered responsible volunteering. It is a site that gives information about different organizations like IVHQ and the ethics of volunteering. A few of their posts made me give IVHQ the side eye, so I decided to message past volunteers on FB their opinions. A lot of what responsible volunteering and other negative reviews about IVHQ said were true to some extent, but they’ve improved a lot. IVHQ FB pages also deletes negative comments off of their Face Book pages so there really can’t be a real topic of discussion, so don’t drink the koolaid. I literally found old posts of people complaining about why their commentary was being deleted. I’d love for others’ to send me information as well. Some placements are in fact unprepared for volunteers. A few don’t need them. Either way, until proven wrong, I believe IVHQ benefits communities more often than not.

Safety:
Ecuador felt very safe for me. As long as you exercise caution, you should be good. I kept my bag in front of me whenever I was on public transportation, and rarely had my phone out while distracted. Only one girl got robbed at knife point on her second day. She was on her phone in a park near VCE office when a local came up to her and stole her phone (threatening with the knife).

__________________________________________________________________
At the end of the day, I volunteered for selfish reasons. I wanted to travel. I wanted to learn Spanish. I wanted an enriching life experience. I wanted to have fun. I did all of those things. I’ve added more experience to my life and I’ve had the privilege of impacting the lives of my students and every person I’ve met on my trip (in some way or another). Would I volunteer with IVHQ again? Absolutely.

Mandatory 2 weeks of volunteering for volunteers. No one week stints. Communicate with volunteers and not just their hosts.
Corey
Corey

Skateboarding in Ecuador

i chose Physical Education as my program and wanted to choose skateboarding as the sport i taught to any school that had any kind of area to accommodate, the local team through IVHQ and VCE in Ecuador helped and were very excited for this project idea since no one had done this kind of thing before in their volunteer program. I was able to get sponsorships to help support the project and donate tons of skateboards and equipment like helmets etc. and once i got to Ecuador and the school i was volunteering at you could tell the kids were so stoked. Skateboarding is a Universal Language that teaches respect, commitment and community and i think the kids not only learned a lot of great life lessons from learning how to skate over the 2 weeks i was there, but they saw how one can achieve success by doing what they love, what they are passionate about and by helping others to learn that as well. Not to mention also the food was great, and was able to make great friends from this trip that ill remember forever. Can't wait to go back!

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Corey - thank you for putting so much effort into your skateboard program for the kids in Quito! They will remember you forever! Rachel - IVHQ Program Manager.

Read my full story
headshot of woman and elephant
Allison

Great Volunteer Abroad Experience

My experience volunteering in Quito, Ecuador was rewarding and worthwhile. I loved my placement and I truly felt that my work contributed to the development of the community every day. I was able to utilize all of my strongest skills at my placement and felt appreciated and welcome there. IVHQ is an amazing volunteer organization and this was my fourth volunteer abroad trip with them; I highly recommend volunteering through IVHQ!
I was not, however, impressed with the local team in Quito called Volunteer Connection Ecuador (VCE). When I was robbed my first week, I received no help from VCE, and their office doesn't have international calling. There were also issues with one of the VCE staff members intervening in our volunteer work in a negative way.
Overall, I would recommend this program and I would DEFINITELY recommend IVHQ! Just use caution with VCE and don't rely heavily on them for support. Get advice from your placement directors rather than the VCE directors.

I think VCE staff (one staff member in particular) could use some additional training on IVHQ's mission and beliefs about international development, as well as how to best receive and support international volunteers.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Allison, we’ve loved having you on our volunteer programs over the years and are happy to hear that you felt your time and skills were valued at your placement in Ecuador. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and we are working with the team in Ecuador to address your concerns, as ensuring our volunteers receive top quality support before, during and after their volunteer programs is a top priority for IVHQ and our local teams. Thanks again for your feedback and for your continued support. ^Rachel - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

Mariam

IVHQ was an amazing adventure!

My experience with this program though only for a week was an amazing adventure. Every day was filled with laughter, community service and happiness! The living arrangements were comfortable and welcoming. All the other volunteers and staff will always be remembered for this. This program tho on the more expensive side was well worth the cost. The food was great and we were all always well fed. The host house was very secured and all the volunteers and I felt safe 24/7. I hope this review helps you choose to travel with IVHQ as it was a dream week.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Mariam - It's great to hear how about your incredible week in Ecuador, thanks for sharing and I look forward to helping you plan your next volunteer trip! Rachel - IVHQ Program Manager.

Gere

Life Changing

The passion of the local team was severely infectious, as I entered hoping to grow as a person and exited with a family.

I got to work closely with kids in the street children project, and it was even more motivating to go to the markets when they greet you running with a hug! The administration support work I did was also very valuable, as the staff made me feel appreciated all throughout and I gained useful knowledge in how a nonprofit organisation works!

Be ready for the public transportation system as it gets pretty noisy and extremely crowded! I also wish that the taxi ride back to the airport were included in my fee.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Gere, Thanks for sharing about your experience on the Ecuador - Quito Program! It's awesome to hear that you found the volunteering placements meaningful and found the local team's passion inspiring. We can’t wait to have you back! ^Rachel - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

John

Great Experience

My family (4 kids from 17 to 8) and I had a really good experience working with the VCE Street Children program. It was hard work, but really rewarding! The volunteer coordinators, host family and everyone involved made it a good experience. We don't speak a lot of Spanish in the family, but that didn't hinder us too much in working with the children. We felt like we had an opportunity to contribute in a small way to the experience and hope that others continue to select and participate in the program.

Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi John, Thanks so much for sharing! It's great to hear that you were able to push past the language barrier to have a great experience volunteering alongside your family in Quito. Thanks for recommending the program and for being an IVHQer! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manage

Jessica

Unforgettable family volunteer trip

My family, including 3 children 13, 12, and 10 volunteered through IVHQ in the Sreet Children program in Ecuador. IVHQ made this trip possible with excellent customer service and an easy step by step method.
I spoke to IVHQ, for the first time, 4 weeks before we landed in Ecuador. Though this is not an ideal lead time to plan a trip like this, because they are so organized, helpful and overall fantastic I was able to plan a fabulous trip with their help. I felt comfortable and safe for myself in my family because of the support, information and training.
I will use IVHQ again. They were our travel agent, concierge, and booking agent all in one.

Sliding scale on the accommodation cost for family with young kids
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Jess, Thanks for your kind words! It's great to hear you felt supported throughout the volunteering process and that your family enjoyed their time working with children in the markets of Quito. We're stoked that you made the last-minute decision to join us in Ecuador and look forward to having your family volunteer with IVHQ again soon! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

Linda

Expand Your World With Volunteer Connection Ecuador

I had the privilege to spend February 2018 in Quito Ecuador volunteering with Volunteer Connection Ecuador (VCE.) From the moment I arrived at the airport until the day of my departure the members of the VCE team were welcoming, knowledgeable, and extremely well-organized. Their Monday group orientation for new volunteers provided the necessary framework to get started with projects most suited to our skills and interests. On the first day of our placement, a fellow volunteer and I who had chosen to work in community development, were escorted to the school where we would spend our month volunteering. This allowed us to feel comfortable with the local public transportation system and also was a wonderful introduction to the staff members with whom we would be working. Since I am a retired teacher very involved with school and community gardening in the U.S., my placement could not have been more perfect. My days there were spent in the beautiful gardens, working with staff and students. I was in paradise! My fellow volunteer spent most of her time helping with kitchen duties and also spending time with the students on the playground. On a few rainy days we worked in the school’s library.
I want to thank Gina Molina, VCE’s program manager, for her part in creating a very memorable experience for me. In addition to making our integration into the school community seamless, she also acted as a “travel agent” by setting up weekend excursions outside of Quito. VCE also connected us with patient and energetic Spanish teachers. After returning to my accommodations (which were also fine, by the way) after volunteering at the school, I prepared for afternoon language lessons. Never a dull moment! I hope to return within the year to work again with this very impressive organization.

Please try to attract more people from different age groups. Most volunteers are in their teens, early 20's. I was one of the few over the age of 60. Many of us still have lots of energy and want to do meaningful things. Maybe show more "older" people in your publicity shots... Otherwise, I loved the program and can't think of how to improve it.
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Linda, Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad to hear that you felt well supported by our local team in Quito and it sounds like you made the most of your time by getting stuck into the gardening at your placement! It’s great to have you as an IVHQer and we hope to have you back on another of our programs soon. ^Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

Geraldine

Ecuador in my 50's!

I cannot tell you how amazing this volunteer opportunity was. The IVHQ folks were amazing!!! My placement at the school with Kindergarten students was unforgettable. As if that wasn't enough, I made like 50 new friends and we traveled every weekend. The younger gals knew what to do so I just followed and had a blast. I never thought I'd have my arms wrapped around a tree in the Amazon Rain Forest but I did. Then I zip lined - BACKWARD! The girls made me do it and I don't regret a second of it!!!

I wish I would have gone for a longer period. This program is magical!!
Response from International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

Hi Geraldine, Thanks for your lovely review! It sounds like you had an amazing adventure in Ecuador with your new friends and we would love to have you join us again in the future! ^Charlotte - IVHQ Ecuador Program Manager

About International Volunteer HQ - IVHQ

IVHQ is the world’s most trusted and affordable volunteer abroad organization, offering the largest range of safe and impactful volunteer programs in 50+ destinations. Over 100,000 travelers have volunteered abroad with IVHQ over the past 12 years,...