View Other Details
Trusted by 124,000+ volunteers, IVHQ offers the world's most popular volunteer programs in Ecuador and 50+ other destinations around the world.
Based in and around Quito and Santa Elena, volunteers can choose from 18 meaningful programs starting at just US$270 for one week. When you're not giving back to the local community, you can immerse yourself in Ecuadorian culture and join exhilarating tours for periods ranging from 1 to 12 weeks.
Your fully-hosted experience includes airport pick-up, orientation, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support. You’ll be accommodated in either a homestay or a dormitory-style volunteer house with other like-minded, impact-focused travelers from around the world.
IVHQ is trusted to support the meaningful adventures of thousands of volunteers, so even before you depart, you’ll receive outstanding service from your IVHQ Program Manager and gain exclusive access to volunteer training and preparation tools.
- IVHQ’s Ecuador programs are available year-round, starting every Monday
- Fully-hosted volunteer experience from $21/day - IVHQ provides the most affordable and top-rated programs
- You’ll be joining a global network of 124,000+ volunteers backed by the world’s leading team of volunteer travel experts with an outstanding safety system and track record
- Support impact-driven volunteer projects run by locals within your host community
- Flexible booking and free changes so you can register with confidence
Based in Santa Elena, Animal Care volunteers assist veterinarians in a local animal treatment center within an aquarium. Help to treat marine animals while building on your experience or studies in a relevant field.
With projects available in both Quito and Santa Elena, Community Development volunteers assist local organizations to do things like run school meal support programs for underprivileged children, maintain community gardens and help with cleaning and renovation projects at schools, community centers and playgrounds.
With placements available in Quito and Santa Elena, volunteers on this project teach English to students ranging from 3-12 years old. Tasks include helping with lesson planning, providing classroom support and working one-on-one with students who require it.
As an Environmental Education volunteer in Santa Elena, you'll help teach local children and adults techniques for conserving the environment and assist with beach clean ups, community upcycling and recycling programs and more.