Observe, learn, and experience Ecuador’s healthcare system first-hand through CFHI’s multiple immersion programs. You will come away with a holistic view of healthcare reform as Ecuador is undergoing one of the largest scale ups of Family Medicine in the world with an ambitious agenda to provide "Health for All." CFHI offers numerous opportunities to observe public and medical health efforts within Ecuador’s metropolitan (Quito and Guayaquil) and rural (Nanegalito and Puyo) areas:
Andean Health: Patient Care
Community Medicine: From Rainforest to Coast
Intensive Beginner Spanish and Healthcare in Ecuador
Urban and Rural Comparative Health
Sexual Health as a Human Right: Ecuador’s Unique Model
Dentistry and Oral Health
Become immersed in Ecuadorian culture and language through Spanish classes while living with local families. CFHI participants may also organize weekend trips to destinations such as Tena, Mindo, and Otovalo.
- Community Medicine Track: What is Community Medicine? It is considered a branch of medicine that is concerned with the health of the members of a community. The emphasis in community medicine is on the early diagnosis of disease, and the prevention of dis
- Indigenous Health Track: Participants who chose this track will have a fantastic opportunity to interact with indigenous communities and their traditional practices. Participants will gain an understanding of where traditional medicine and allopathic medi
- Identify and appreciate the differences between the urban and rural government institutions, including social security, faith-based healthcare services, NGOs and others. * Learn about in the challenges patients face in accessing healthcare due to ge
- Learn about the healthcare system in the Amazon region of Ecuador This program will focus on the community level. which consists of three levels: hospital, ambulatory, and community-based.
- Learn about indigenous healthcare beliefs by visiting local indigenous communities such as Shiwakocha (Kichwa), Uwijint (Shuar) and Jatari (mixed).