View Other Details
Observe, learn, and experience Ecuador’s healthcare system first-hand through CFHI’s multiple immersion programs. You will come away with a holistic view of healthcare reform as Ecuador is undergoing one of the largest scale ups of Family Medicine in the world with an ambitious agenda to provide "Health for All." CFHI offers numerous opportunities to observe public and medical health efforts within Ecuador:
Global Health in Ecuador, Guayaquil & Puyo
Global Health in Ecuador, Quito (Optional: Women's Health Focus)
Intensive Beginner Spanish & Global Health in Ecuador
Become immersed in Ecuadorian culture and language through Spanish classes while living with local families. CFHI participants may also organize weekend trips to destinations such as Tena, Mindo, and Otovalo.
- Become immersed in Ecuadorian culture and language while living with local families and taking Spanish classes.
- Focus on rural and community medicine and gain exposure to infectious and tropical disease.
- Identify and appreciate the differences between urban and rural government institutions, including social security, faith-based healthcare services, NGOs and others.
- Learn about the community-based healthcare system in the Amazon region of Ecuador.
- Learn about indigenous healthcare beliefs by visiting local indigenous communities such as Shiwakocha (Kichwa), Uwijint (Shuar) and Jatari (mixed).