View Other Details
Program does not include:
Transportation to the center
COVID-19 protection measures (e.g. masks)
Letter of motivation
Valid travel insurance (foreigners)
Informing the center in advance about allergies and/or dietary requirements
Ecuador is one of the most biodiverse countries on Earth, and a territory of huge international importance for nature conservation and sustainable tourism. Ecuador faces one of the most serious problems on our planet - wildlife trafficking; often motivated by scientific purposes, commercialization of skins, or live species.
The "Los Jaguares" Rescue Center volunteer program aims to create a space for the protection of endangered species, responsible tourism, education, and community development, through training, inclusion, and the integral participation in these spaces of all local stakeholders and tourists.
While every experience at the Los Jaguares Rescue Center is different for volunteers or interns, the following activities - relating to jaguar and wildlife care, handling, and management, and environmental education - can be included during your time with us. Also depending, on the length of participation and interests, different activities could enrich your experience.
- Become more passionate about conservation, social and environmental topics
- Live with a host family, have contact with native communities and improve or learn spanish
- Live close to our jaguars, cougar, coati, parrots, and others, share your time with them
- Have an incredible experience visiting Ecuador, one of the most biodiversities countries in the planet, we travel to amazing waterfalls, old towns, jungles or mountains
- We provide a safe and nice place for travelers, especially women