El Nomad: Volunteer with At-Risk Kids and Families

This El Nomad volunteer program places you in Cuenca, Ecuador at El Fundacion de Arenal, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping at-risk children and their families. You'll assist in classes and workshops designed to educate these families in need, such as homework assistance for the children or nutrition and meal preparation for mothers.

This truly unique experience enriches a population in need, and the Cuenca community as a whole, while providing you with professional development, a resume boost, and relationships you'll never forget. You'll live like a local with an Ecuadorian family, and immerse yourself in the local culture and traditions. The program start date, duration, and features are customizable and Spanish classes and add-on excursions are available.

Begin your Ecuador adventure today by contacting us on our website or reach out/follow us on social media. We're on Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, and Tumblr, and would love to hear from you!

Mandy

Playing with kids, practicing Spanish and enjoyng Ecuador

I really enjoyed working with the kids at the after school program. They were a lot of fun and seemed to enjoy having visitors in. I did wish they had a little more structure and had the volunteers helping out with specific things rather than left to figure it out themselves. Other than that though the kids were a lot of fun.

The language classes that were set up for me were great as well. They were set to my level and I was able to have them somewhat tailored to what I wanted to learn.

I loved my homestay family as well. The food was amazing! They treated me like their family member and took me with them exploring to make sure I saw all the little areas in and around Cuenca. It helped me make use my language skills more. I think the program does a great job matching students to the homestays.

I think the program does a good job of matching people up with their homestay families and checking in on them. I think they could offer more cultural opportunities for participants and make sure to check in with them a little more.

About El Nomad Study Abroad

El Nomad is a boutique study abroad company based in Cuenca, Ecuador. Our small size, local knowledge, and flexibility allows us to offer you a much more intimate, personalized experience! All our programs are customizable and fit to your own needs...