- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
View Other Details
Not included: The flight to St. Vincent, personal insurance and pocket money during the 4 months in St. Vincent.
You will receive a stipend to cover food and pocket money while in the service period.
Study & Action Program:
With this 10-month program, we join hands with activists all over the world to fight for sustainable development and the eradication of poverty in some of the poorest regions of the world. We believe that this kind of activism is needed more than ever, and we invite you to join the Richmond Vale Academy team of likeminded people for an action-based and fast-paced program, learning and creating positive change through humanitarian work.
Part One - 3 months: Training in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Part Two - 6 months: Project period in Belize or Ecuador
Part Three - 1 month: Conclusion and information period in St. Vincent and the Grenadines
1. Field Work Certification from Humana People to People
2. Certification of Completion from Richmond Vale Academy
Program starts in April and October.
- Live and thrive in a community with people from all over the world
- Study about Poverty and learn to analyze the reasons for why people are poor
- Learn to grow food in Climate Smart Agriculture with permaculture design principles
- Improve your social and practical skills
- Hike in the wonders of St. Vincent and dive to see coral reefs
Poverty is a scourge in our society. You will through this program learn the reason for poverty and you will also do something about it by working bottom up projects with poor people. You will spend the first 3 months in St. Vincent which is one of the poorest countries in the Caribbean and you will work and implement projects with people in Ecuador or Belize. You will realize that poverty is not a static thing but that we can do something about it. Bringing energy and good mood and project implementation into communities will help break the evil circle of poverty.