Fight Global Poverty and Climate Change
Join a 1 or 6 months intensive program with studies, courses and actions to make the small island nation of St. Vincent Climate Compliant.
Global Warming and Climate Change is serious. St. Vincent and the Grenadines is a “disaster prone” country. Most of our food and diesel to produce energy is imported. We are not ready for Climate Change. Hurricanes and flooding kill people and leave hundreds homeless. Climate Change has thus become a major issue and there is a need for individuals to take action for a secure and sustainable future.
The program started in 2012 and will run till 2021.
During 5 years we have planted 30,000 trees, cleaned up 20 tons of trash from rivers and beaches, set up 20 organic gardens and Bio gas digesters, produced TV and Radio programs, held Open Days - taught in schools, community centers and festivals.
RVA is a model school and farm on the island; we are producing vegetables using permaculture design, different fruits, eggs and chickens.
- Learn about climate change, study, watch and discuss documentaries with your team
- Teach local communities about climate change, make St. Vincent a climate compliant country
- Improve your social and practical skills
- Live in a community of like-minded people from all over the world
- Learn to grow organic vegetable in the permaculture way