- El Salvador
View Other Details
Every ArtCorps artist works directly with a local non-governmental organization that is an expert in its field. Artists strengthen dialogue between community members and the organization, improve community education and empower local leadership.
* Work as a volunteer and live in his or her host community from January 2010 through December 2010. Artists have the option to extend their stay for a second year if agreed upon by the host organization.
* Receive airfare, room and board, medical insurance and a small personal stipend.
* Receive training and technical assistance from ArtCorps staff in the region in order to integrate ArtCorps methodology into the host organization.
* Uphold the mission and values of ArtCorps as the sole ArtCorps artist in the host community.
* Communicate fluently in Spanish.