• Fiji

Program Details

Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Apartment Guesthouse Host Family
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30) Large Group (31+)
Travel Type
Budget Family Senior Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

+ $275 application fee (one off fee covering multiple country placements)
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Meals Transportation Wifi
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Feb 13, 2020
Feb 12, 2020
6 travelers are looking at this program

Combine travel and volunteering into one amazing adventure. You will spend 2 weeks traveling and 1 week volunteering.

Head on an unforgettable journey into the Pacific, exploring beautiful Fiji, whilst giving back to local communities who are extremely welcoming. You will hike in the jungles, visit hidden waterfalls, meet with the Elders in a traditional village, snorkel, bamboo rafting, kayaking, visit National Parks, learn how to cook Fijian style, see the stunning Sabeto Hills & famous Fijian Mud Pool Hot Springs.

The Volunteering:
IVI is a Charity & Non Profit Org, providing authentic & real volunteering experiences. You can choose between Kindergarten teaching, Construction & Organic Farming.

This tour is perfect for those wanting a unique travel experience, cultural immersion, off the beaten path, the opportunity to discover a different culture, gaining hands on skills and helping to make a genuine & lasting difference to people in need. Make this a trip to remember.

Program Highlights

• Kava Ceremony to welcome you, with the village elders and chief.
  • Swimming, Fishing, Yoga, Snorkel, Hiking, Village Trek, Beach BBQ, Waterfalls, Mountains + beach games.
  • Fijian Traditional Farewell Dance Party.
  • Over 25,000+ Volunteers - Charity & Non Profit Org.
  • IVI has 30+ Years Volunteering Experience.

Christopher

Remote Fiji Construction Project Review

Highlights of the trip:
Although we worked hard on repairing and painting the school’s rooftops, the highlight for me was being able to play soccer and volleyball with the students after the school day has concluded. Master Pate had asked if I could work with the children’s english on our off time. So as we played volleyball, I asked the children to count in english every time we hit the ball back up. We got it up to 23. They all loved it as every time the count had passed 15, their voices would start screaming 16, 17, 18, and so forth. That was so much fun!
Comments on the team:
The team was awesome! Very organized. Food at the end celebration at Masi’s house was excellent!!! Iri was an awesome host on the island as well!

Hard to say. For me being a carpenter, the next time I decide to volunteer, I’m bringing my tools with me.