Greece is in the grip of a full-scale humanitarian crisis under the wake of a relentless increase in refugee migrations. Due to its close location to Turkey, Chios has been inundated with refugees.
IVI works with trustworthy local organisations & needs your help with:
- General Volunteering– Everyone can help! Provide food, shelter, clothing, construction & clean up
- Malnutrition and Nutrition Support – Nutritionists and other Health care workers
- Reproductive Clinic and Medical work– Doctors, Nurses and other specialised health care workers
- Infant feeding – (Nurses, Midwives and Lactation Consultants)
- Child and female friendly spaces – Working with a local NGO under the Child protection in Emergencies Programme
- Boat Arrivals- providing immediate care
- Food & Humanitarian Aid Distribution
Throughout the placement you’ll have 24/7 local support & guidance, pre departure training; providing a full overview of what to expect & accommodation close to the camps.
- Chios, the 5th largest Greek island is full of character, culture, blue waters, medieval villages, ghost villages, castles & monasteries.
- Comfortable and Safe Accommodation (single or twin share rooms)
- Refugee Camp Safety and Operational Training
- 24/7 emergency assistance, volunteer support, local guiding and advice
- IVI has 30+ years volunteering experience