A ServiceTeam or Individual Volunteer Experience provides an opportunity for volunteers to use their talents and skills to serve others and a chance to change lives during a meaningful volunteer adventure vacation. Trips are completely customizable, and groups can focus their work on projects that fit them, including: Education, Medical and Dental Care, Construction Projects, Disaster Relief, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Social Work/Social Sciences
Join us as we work to improve the living conditions of the poorest families of Guatemala.
See first-hand how The GOD’S CHILD Project works to help thousands of Guatemala’s poor. Listen to their stories, and learn about Guatemala’s unique Mayan-Latina culture. Visit the families in their homes and the children in their classrooms. Experience what makes us such a unique, internationally respected model program.
- Part of the trip is spent working on necessary home-improvement projects such as building simple yet dignifying homes, pouring concrete floors in shacks (to reduce illness and infection), or laying water pipes along a mountainside trail
- Volunteers spend time helping in our classrooms, volunteering at the homeless shelter, and helping the babies at Casa Jackson Hospital for Malnourished Children.
- For travelers interested in gaining a realistic sense of life in Guatemala, optional excursions can be added to each ServiceTeam Experience.
- Visit Lake Atitlan, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, surrounded by towering volcanoes and vibrant Indian villages.
- Visit Chichicastenango, a centuries-old Indian highland pueblo with one of the best outdoor traditional arts and crafts markets in Central America.