View Other Details
There is no cost to participate! Meals, shared accommodation, and transportation to San Lucas is provided. All you need to do is get yourself to Guatemala City.
Volunteers play a critical role in supporting visiting groups and Mission programs in San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala. We are looking for a team of responsible, enthusiastic, motivated Long-Term Volunteers to serve our friends and visitors in San Lucas!
Long-Term Volunteers act as liaisons between visiting groups and community members by providing Spanish interpretation, supporting logistics, and participating in service projects.
You must be 18+ and proficient in Spanish (or willing to attend language school before you start).
There is no cost to participate! Meals, shared accommodation, and transportation to San Lucas are provided. All you need to do is get yourself to Guatemala City.
3+ months, flexible start date.
- Support sustainable community development by partnering with the San Lucas Mission. Run by 120 Guatemalan staff, the Mission supports healthcare, education, housing, economic opportunity, job training and community building for women, and more.
- Located on the shores of Lake Atitlan, taking in the stunning views of surrounding volcanoes, villages, and coffee farms. Hiking enthusiasts will love the opportunity to get out and explore!
- Join a community of like-minded individuals as they provide Spanish interpretation and support for 1200 visitors per year. Groups include churches, universities, high schools, as well as medical and surgical teams.
- Learn about Guatemalan history, Maya culture/spirituality, international development, and life in San Lucas. The program is rooted in learning, connection, and reflection.
- Get your hands dirty by participating in service projects with the Construction team! Build houses and fuel-efficient stoves alongside community members and visitors.
Friends of San Lucas (FOSL) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to generating support for the Mission in San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala. Local leadership is at the center of our work and we support community-led solutions to community-identified challenges. Managed by over 100 Guatemalan staff, the San Lucas Mission (SLM) is rooted in Christian Social Teaching and supports community members through seven program areas, including: healthcare, education, coffee, construction, charity, the Women’s Center, and a Visitor program which welcomes 1,200+ visitors annually. FOSL is an ecumenical organization that invites people of both religious and secular backgrounds to participate. The purpose of the Visitor Program is to provide opportunities for learning, relationship building, and reflection.