View Other Details
- Private shuttle transport to and from the airport in Guatemala City for international arrival and departure, transportation to volunteer placement
- 20 hours a week of private Spanish lessons with a highly experienced teacher at the Learn and Help Spanish Academy in central Antigua, only 4 blocks from the Central Park.
- All study materials, worksheets and homework necessary for classes.
- Walking orientation tour of Antigua, including how to navigate the streets, location of key places and heritage.
- 24-hour support from the Humanity First’s Learn and Help Academy staff
- Three cultural immersion activities with your instructor in Antigua to practice what you learn in a real-life setting, such as visiting fincas, museums, and historical sites in Antigua.
- An introduction to Humanity First's programs in Guatemala.
- Accommodation with a local Guatemalan family including daily meals, shared or private room and bathroom, internet, purified water, hot showers and a family with which you can to practice conversational skills. All accommodation is located in Antigua and only a short walk to the Learn and Help Academy, Humanity First office, restaurants and key locations.
- Free wi-fi, computer access, purified water and coffee at the Humanity First office and academy.
- Certification of your studies and level of spanish fluency at the completion of your studies.
What is not included in the package:
- Flights to and from Guatemala City
- Travel insurance for the duration of your stay
- Additional activities
- Meals outside of your homestay accommodation
- Visa fees (only applicable if you stay longer than 90 days)
- Pre-trip costs such as vaccinations
What better way to practise your Spanish than volunteering at one of Humanity First's programs and help change lives in impoverished communities? Volunteering is the richest way to experience a culture and understand the hardships of daily life in a developing country such as Guatemala.
Programs offered to volunteers include:
- English tutor at Humanity First Academy
- English teacher
- Teacher support at Masroor Ahmad school
- Teaching moral and ethical lessons at Masroor Ahmad school
- Educational workshops for teenagers
- Afterschool program and activities for young children
Volunteers stay with a local Guatemalan family, receive 20 hours of weekly one-on-one Spanish lessons with a highly experienced teacher, transport, certification and immerse themselves in Guatemalan culture with diverse cultural activities while supporting Humanity First to improve and empower communities.
Help those in need and enjoy a life changing experience!