Teach English while Volunteering at a Children's Home in India
View Other Details
a. Airport pickup/drop off
c. Food - simple and nutritious vegetarian meals will be provided
d. Local sightseeing
e. City of Bangalore tour
f. Complimentary Travel planning, if requested
We are a registered public charity Trust in India. We have started a Children's home for young boys who have lost their parents. The goal of the Children's home is to nurture these young kids by providing them quality education, sports, yoga, meditation, etc, and mold them into useful citizens of the world.
The program calls for spending some time educating these kids with basic English skills that would help them to perform better at school. There's an attached government school that caters to poor children. The volunteers, if they so desire, can also teach basic English skills at this school.
What makes our program unique from others is that we are set up in a rural area and so the volunteers get to experience the local culture and the people in this village. The place is close to Bangalore (about 80 miles) and is very safe. Weather is pleasant throughout the year with the temperature varying between low 70s to low 90s.
Video and Photos
- One of the founders of the organization is a long term resident of California and will be glad to help, if required.
- Experience the unique culture of rural India
- Opportunity to work with young kids teaching them English and reshaping their lives
- Only up to 2 volunteers at a time - Individual attention and 100% support to volunteers
- Choices in the types of projects you can do
The young boys would gain tremendously from the volunteers teaching basic English conversation skills and understanding of the English language.
This would help their ability in other subjects since English is the medium of instruction in the school.