View Other Details
* Accommodation at Mandore Guesthouse (owned and operated by host family) on full board, with breakfast, lunch and dinner served in our restaurant or picturesque garden.
* Support Network. An English-speaking support team member, as well as basic field expenses and raw materials during project.
* Teaching resources, including books, pens, paper, flashcards and worksheet photocopying.
* Transportation to and from the project loca^tion, as well as program management and coordination with local community.
* We can also collect you from the nearest airport/railway/bus station to Mandore Guest House, in Jodhpur. The airport is 13km from our green campus.
The volunteer teaching program is run in government schools in rural areas of Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. The volunteers will work in the schools and organize various enjoyable and creative activities for the children to sharpen their talents and increase their knowledge.
Children who are from underprivileged families struggle with English a lot more and are not confident in their abilities. They also struggle a lot in classrooms as they do not have education reinforced at home as their parents are not educated or able to help them. One of our keys aim is to build up children’s confidence and English abilities from an early age. Exposure to different teaching styles and resources will also help them to develop skills that go beyond the text book so they can progress faster.
- Health check-ups in school - Health records are stored with School ID Card. The ‘School Health Check-up’ program undertakes detailed health check-ups of school children: To improve the health of children blood group, vision test, height, weight ect.
- Individual volunteer: Teaching - Work will primarily involve teaching English in primary schools, helping children with their reading and communication skills, and possibly drawing, painting, playing music or dancing with students.
- Decoration of class-rooms - You are free to use your skills to brighten the walls of class-rooms through painting/decorating with murals & to provide low-cost teaching material and fun for the children.0
- Hygiene awareness - Aside from teaching, you can get involved in projects that help to improve general health and nutritional awareness among children and locals. Hygiene awareness is an important need in schools. Sessions on hygiene to develop awarenes.
- Furnishing classes with newly fabricated beches & desks. *Painting *sawing the tabletops *drilling holes for bolting. *To set class-rooms with New furniture. Modified cooking stoves for house wives.
The lack of education is one of the core problems being faced by India currently which leads to other social issues likes, Poverty, Unemployment, Women Abuse/ Inequality, Domestic Violence, Overpopulation and Inadequate Healthcare. All social problems are interrelated with root cause been lack of education and rapid increase in population.
Volunteer in Rajasthan,India with Mandore Project are bringing a positive change in people’s life. With our programs you get rewarded back with beautiful smiles of children, blessings of old people, content on faces of community people and dreams in eyes of young minds.
Another reason to volunteer with is to get an opportunity for cultural activities which connect volunteers with local communities and culture in depth. We ensure that all our volunteers make most out of their volunteering experience by combining their volunteering stint with various cultural activities.