View Other Details
* Pick-up and transfers from/to the nearest airport or bus station on arrival and departure
* Dorm room accommodation + 3 meals per day
* Preparation materials including intercultural preparation
* Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
* Assistance with the visa application
* 24 Hours emergency support by a local support team
* Local SIM card with 600 INR. airtime credit
* Volunteering certificate
* Donation of 50 USD (in domestic currency) to your placement
* 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on your behalf on the slopes of Kilimanjaro as a CO2 compensation of your flight to India
Our locations in India include Mumbai, Jaipur and Jodhpur (Rajasthan) and various locations in the Himalaya mountains.
Our options include:
* Medical electives and healthcare internships at hospitals
* High quality, supervised psychology internships - available on-site and online!
* Ayurveda internships - on-site and online!
* Women & Girl's Empowerment and Capacity building
* Education / Teaching at schools and nurseries
* Animal Rescue
* Business, journalism, architecture, fashion design internships - on-site and online!
* English and Hindi language lessons
You would stay at our volunteer/interns' shared apartment or with a host family, including full board (Indian food). Weekly cultural activities such as Bollywood dance, cooking lessons, Yoga, Hindi lessons, Henna painting etc. are included. We have a very friendly support team assisting you pre-arrival and throughout your time in India.
- Women & Girls Empowerment in Rajasthan: promote self-esteem, financial independence, education as well as professional and social competencies to disadvantaged women and girls from Dalit Communities
- Elective placements, nursing internships at hospitals for university credit
- Psychology internships on-site or remotely: Covering a wide range of psychological disciplines under professional supervision
- As an intern, learn about the business and professional landscape of India, a large, emerging country
- Add English or Hindi language lessons to your stay in India!
We arrange medical, nursing and midwifery internships for university and college students, but also pre-medical, pre-nursing and pre-midwifery and physiotherapy internships at various hospitals in Jaipur, Navi Mumbai and Cochin.
Help to promote the self-esteem, financial independence, education as well as professional and social competencies of disadvantaged women and girls in Rajasthan. The focus of this program is mainly on women within the Dalit communities, who experience three levels of discrimination based on their caste, their economic situation and their gender. By doing your volunteer or internship assignment with Sambhali Trust, you can contribute to the empowerment of these women.
This is a very professionally run psychology internship program covering clinical psychology, developmental psychology and organisational psychology in a wide range of organisations under professional supervision.
Raksha (Hindi for "to protect") is a nonprofit organization from Jaipur that operates a helpline phone number for animal rescue and is additionally active in the field of education about animal cruelty and animal welfare. The organisation also plants trees. As a volunteer, you can join all activities of Raksha.
In Jaipur we can arrange an internship in an international business research and consulting company. In addition, the company operates its own industrial park for food processing, an IT department, a franchise system of training centers as a mentoring and incubator program for start-ups. As an intern, you can gain insights into numerous economic aspects. The internship is possible with or without previous experience!