A non-profit organization in Rajasthan, India aims to support self-esteem, financial independence, education as well as professional competency to disadvantaged women and girls in Rajasthan. The organization puts its main focus on the women of the Dalit communities who face discrimination based on their caste, their economic situation, and their gender.
Volunteers are of great importance to the NGO to ensure the smooth running of their programs. Possible activities at the project are usually 2 programs combined:
* Teaching at Empowerment Centers in Jodhpur: in these centers, girls & women get an education in Hindi, English, Maths as well as handcraft skills.
* "No Bad Touch" Prevention Program aims to create awareness on child sexual abuse.
* Boarding Home: Volunteers can help with homework and providing leisure time activities for girls in a Boarding Home run by the NGO.
* Sewing Center: The NGO runs a sewing center where women & girls can obtain skills in sewing & handcraft.
- Connect with women and girls from different backgrounds to share different experiences!
- Contribute your skills to empowering the women and girls of the NGO community.
- Participate in creative activities such as design, sewing, arts and crafts that further generate income for the project.
- Explore neighboring cities and surroundings while immersing yourself in the culture of your host country!
By volunteering in this project you can contribute to the empowerment of women who experience discrimination based on their caste, their economic situation and their gender. Due to traditional gender roles and religious customs, many women and girls in India have little or no access to education and income, making poverty and persecution for them a fact of life. Girls from poor families often don't attend school as they have to help with housework, have to assist with the care for younger siblings, or with generating the family income, particularly when there is no school nearby. As a volunteer in this program, you will help to povide a safe space for learning, developing self-esteem, personal growth and overall, having fun together!