View Other Details
* Pick-up and transfers from/to the nearest airport or bus station on arrival and departure
* Dorm room accommodation + 3 meals per day
* Preparation materials including intercultural preparation
* Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
* Assistance with the visa application
* 24 Hours emergency support by a local support team
* Local SIM card with 600 INR. airtime credit
* Volunteering certificate
* Donation of 50 USD (in domestic currency) to your placement
* 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on your behalf on the slopes of Kilimanjaro as a CO2 compensation of your flight to India
Our locations in India include Navi Mumbai, Cochin (Kerala), Jodhpur (Rajasthan), New Delhi and Gurgaon, and various locations in the Himalaya mountains.
At most locations we offer plenty of options, including:
* Social Work for street children and persons with disabilities
* Medicine, Nursing & Health Care at hospitals and charitable medical facilities
* Education / Teaching at schools and nurseries
* Women & Girl's Empowerment
* Psychology Internships
* Animal Rights
* Farm Work
* Tourism Internships
* Marketing, Communication & PR
* Graphic Design, Media Content Creation
* Business Development
You can also combine options at different locations and get to know the immense cultural variety within the Indian sub-continent. Contact us to plan your volunteering or internship time in India with you. We always try to make sure your skills and interests are best utilized.
- Women & Girls: Empowerment in Rajasthan: promote self-esteem, financial independence, education as well as professional and social competencies to disadvantaged women and girls from Dalit Communities
- Medicine: Gain practical experience for your studies in nursing/medicine by interning in a local hospital or support charitable medical projects as a professional volunteer
- Animal Rescue: Support a local nonprofit organization from Jaipur that operates a helpline phone number for animal rescue and is additionally active in the field of education about animal cruelty and animal welfare
- Graphic Design & Media: Broaden your skills in graphic design, layouting, webdesign, and media content creation
- Architecture: Intern at a leading architectural company in Navi Mumbai and gain experience in architecture, interior design, 3D visualisation, civil engineering, and communications (PR/media).
We arrange medical, nursing and midwifery internships for university and college students, but also pre-medical, pre-nursing and pre-midwifery and physiotherapy internships at various hospitals in Jaipur, Navi Mumbai and Cochin. You will observe and support the staff on your ward in their daily work. After a period of familiarization and orientation, you may (depending on your previous knowledge) also carry out minor treatments and activities under the supervision of your supervisor.
Help to promote the self-esteem, financial independence, education as well as professional and social competencies of disadvantaged women and girls in Rajasthan. The focus of this program is mainly on women within the Dalit communities, who experience three levels of discrimination based on their caste, their economic situation and their gender. By doing your volunteer or internship assignment with Sambhali Trust, you can contribute to the empowerment of these women.
Carry out a supervised psychology internship at a center for remedial education for children with learning difficulties. The center focuses on career counselling, remedial education, individual and corporate counselling services, and HR training/intervention programs. A psychologist will supervise your internship.
Raksha (Hindi for "to protect") is a nonprofit organization from Jaipur that operates a helpline phone number for animal rescue and is additionally active in the field of education about animal cruelty and animal welfare. The organisation also plants trees. As a volunteer, you can join all activities of Raksha.
In Jaipur we can arrange an internship in an international business research and consulting company. In addition, the company operates its own industrial park for food processing, an IT department, a franchise system of training centers as a mentoring and incubator program for start-ups. As an intern, you can gain insights into numerous economic aspects. The internship is possible with or without previous experience!