Work-Study Volunteers to help children in Indonesia

Work-Study Volunteers to help children in Indonesia

The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is seeking forward-thinking, dynamic individuals of all ages/backgrounds to contribute to our international centers as part of our Volunteer Work-Study Program in Indonesia. As a Work-Study Volunteer, you would complete four hours of local work and four hours of international work a day alongside an international staff dedicated to global development and helping children have access to more opportunities. You will have substantial responsibilities and be a valued part of a grassroots not-for-profit NGO at the ground level.

Our foundation­ is run entirely by volunteers just like you, who have made commitments ranging from 2 weeks to multiple years. You will be supervised and guided by long-term volunteer co-Directors at your center, who will listen to your ideas and work with you on a daily basis.

If you are ready to apply, please send your CV to [email protected]

Asia » Indonesia
We provide basic accommodation and food at our centers, where you will live with your co-workers. Unfortunately, as a nonprofit, we are unable to provide these amenities freely and we charge a minimal cost of $55 ­/ $75 per week. We are not able to cover travel or insurance expenses or any other related costs, but we will help you with your travel and visa planning. We will also try to comply with guidelines to secure any grant or scholarship funding available at your university if applicable.

Ashley
New York, New York

My Work Study Experience

I am a rising senior at a college in New York, United States, who is nearly finishing her volunteering time for the International Humanity Foundation in Bali, Indonesia.
At school, I am studying politics, with an international focus so traveling experiences are a huge supplement to my education. I decided to volunteer for IHF to learn more about the running of NGOs, live in a different part of the world, and contribute my time to the betterment of others.
IHF is an international NGO that has education centers (Indonesia) and children homes (Thailand, Kenya) where people can volunteer and donate money towards improving the lives of young ones in need. The IHF Bali location hosts activities and supplemental English, math and computer classes for locals in the neighboring areas. As a volunteer, I am awarded the opportunity to help teach these classes and host activities to have fun with the kids.
It has been an enjoyable experience to interact with so many sweet kids. Everyone in the community is so friendly, as it is impossible to walk past someone without expecting a greeting. I have learned that, despite cultural difference, the Indonesian children are very much similar to ones back in my country. Indonesian kids love to dance, sing, play around, and learn from volunteers, such as myself, and others of IHF. Overall, I feel that I have learned a lot from the experience and appreciate the chance to have lived in such a nice community in Bali.

Heidi
United Kingdom
King's College London

My work study experience

I am a volunteer coming to the end of my time at IHF's Jakarta centre. I wish I could stay longer, but my flight is already booked. I came here after a semester studying in Singapore; it was just something to do to prolong my time in Asia, and I didn't expect great things. But great is what it is.

Sure, the children can be a handful sometimes, but every day is rewarding & I really feel I am making a difference. I love the centre itself, with its bright, beautiful walls that mean you can't feel anything but cheerful, the staff, who go out of their way to make the children who come for classes feel at home- celebrating their birthdays with a cake, planning extracurricular activities, and the friendly Indonesian people.

I've really gained confidence volunteering with IHF and would totally recommend!

Carlos
Bali, Indonesia

Good Experience!

After a long hard journey of 24 hours , I came to Bali night. Agus was waiting me at the airport , in the car we were talking about Bali.

I was really looking forward to IHF, there were all volunteers, some were eating and others were going to sleep. I also went to sleep .

The next day, I woke how I met the middle classes, children ... the center is amazing, very nice and very large, I feel very comfortable here, with pool too.

The kids are great, they are eager to learn and they are very funny, they always ask me things about my country, my family...

I really like the culture of Bali, the lifestyle of the people , especially how everyone is respected and climate , of course

I still have four months here, I hope enjoy here like these early days.

The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is an international non-religious, non-political, and nonprofit organisation that provides education and safe Children's Homes to impoverished children in Indonesia, Kenya, and Thailand through our five (5) IHF Centers.

We function entirely through the efforts of volunteers, sponsors, donors, and