Working Holidays, Volunteering & Internships in Japan | World Unite!

Fascinating cities, deeply rooted culture, magical beaches and beautiful natural landscapes - Japan has it all! Whether Working Holidays to fund your trip, volunteering for a good cause or an internship to become more passionate about your major: Choose the right one for you from our variety of programs - we will tailor your stay to your needs and interests!

Our programs in Japan include:

* Working Holidays - gain work experience on the Japanese job market and earn money to fund your entire trip (for up to one year)
* Farm Work
* Tourism Jobs
* Volunteering - various options (sutainable tourism, childcare, environmental conservation...)
* Internships - various subject areas available (media, business, childcare, environmental conservation...)
* Remote Internships - if you would like to work from home and gain intercultural experience at the same time!
* Mother Nature Conservation Camps: Join our cultural immersion and environmental conservation program on Sado Island!

• Working Holidays: Live in Japan for up to one year and land a Working Holiday job to fund your stay! No job experience needed! Our package includes supplying the Residence Track (written pledge) & full support services during your entire year in Japan!
  • Accommodation: Live in our budget share house in central Tokyo and make use of our extensive job support services year round
  • Farm Work: Choose the type of farm (crops, vegetables, fruit, dairy etc.) and get an insight into the farm's daily work routines
  • Volunteering: Support a charitable project in the areas of childcare, environmental conservation or sustainable tourism and dedicate your time and skills to a good cause
  • Internships: Let us know your major and we'll match you with an internship organisation that best possibly suits your interests and skill level

From our experience (we have started this program in July 2015 and have had around 1000 participants so far), it was possible for everyone who was seriously interested in finding a job to find a job within the first month. Even without any knowledge of Japanese, you can find jobs, but the options might be more limited. We advise participants to learn some basic Japanese prior to their arrival in...

Rachel

Awesome

I had a wonderful time in Japan and World Unite did a fantastic job of supporting me especially when I first arrived as this was my first time in Japan. They helped me set up my bank account and as well as a Japanese SIM card.

The area is well located with a mall nearby which has restaurants, shops and a cinema but is also close to get to places such as Shibuya.

I stayed in their share house for 2 months before moving to Sakura house Tabata. They continued to keep in contact with me and I even visited them a few times.

I definitely recommend World Unite for any one wanting to do a working holiday in Japan.

Thanks again to World Unite

Rachel

To have fun and enjoy yourself. Visit the shrines and temples and experience the culture
Mey

Best Experience

This year helped me very much to develop myself . Every day is a challenge for you in a new city but it helps to grow your personality very much. You have to find out how the city works and how the mentality of the people is. Once you found out you will discover the beauty of Tokyo ,a wonderful and safe city that has a lot to offer!
I can only recommend everyone to do a gap year in Japan, it could change your life!

More intensive help for people who didn’t get a job after a few weeks yet and who become sad about it.
Response from World Unite!

Dear Mey,
thank you for your positive review!
Our office in central Tokyo is open every weekday and all participants of our program can just walk in and get 1-to-1 support with finding a job from our team members Julia, Nina and Stephanie. Alternatively, participants can call us, email, or use whatsapp or line to get in touch with us during their full year in Japan. There is no reason to become sad! If you know of any participant who needs a job, please tell the person not to be shy and contact us.