Teaching English in Kenya-Lowest Fees & Trusted Since 2003

four black little boys being fed by a white woman
four black little boys being fed by a white woman

Kenyan rural schools lack English teachers. The demand for English-speaking teachers is very high in this market. To fill this gap, your volunteer contribution in teaching English would be highly appreciated by the Kenyan people. The majority of Kenyans wish to increase the English skills of their children, and are very welcoming to volunteers in this project. Teaching English in Kenya is very challenging; however, our knowledgeable staff will provide you with a proper orientation and teaching materials, including a textbook for the class. Most of the students where we place volunteers already understand basic English. You will be teaching a group of 20-35 in a class.

Global Crossroad can place volunteers in a number of postings from formal to informal English programs in Kenya. Besides teaching the English class, you can put your English skills to use with oral practice, games, or teaching math, social science, health science or other subjects.

Amy

My experience here has been absolutely amazing

By far, one of the best experiences of my life. Kenya was more than I could have imagined. From the busy, hectic pace of Nairobi, to the beautiful safari landscapes, I hope to return one day. My project was 3 weeks long - not long enough! I was stationed at peace orphanage and can't recommend this place enough. The children are the most loving, giving and gracious group. I miss their huge smiles and warm hugs daily- same for the games we'd play and enjoy. As for accommodations, I made great friends at The Volunteer house. I just loved the local food prepared by our wonderful housekeeper, Ester; and found the host family to be very kind and helpful. My 3 day Safari was perfect too, definitely a highlight.

i expect more predeparture orientation