- PADI dive training and qualifications available
- Dive in some of the world's best dive sites
- Make lifelong friends and return with incredible stories, photos and memories
Escape to Madagascar and a paradise island which is home to some of the world's most spectacular and least explored dive sites.
Whilst diving and snorkelling, you'll see an extraordinary array of animals from colourful reef fish species to turtles, sea cucumbers to cushion stars and spiny urchins to octopuses. By the end of your project you will be capable of identifying a wide range of colourful and patterned reef organisms, as well as being an experienced and competent diver. Although the work is challenging you'll get immense satisfaction from having made a valuable contribution to the conservation of this marine environment.
You'll find your team to be a mix of ages and experiences, with members who all share a passion about travelling in developing countries and conserving nature. Your staff will be a friendly and welcoming group who are highly experienced in their research field and many of whom will have been Frontier volunteers at an earlier stage in their career.
Frontier has been at the forefront of conservation research in Madagascar for 15 years, and provides ground-breaking survey data for use in terrestrial and marine conservation initiatives.
Frontier conservation volunteers in Madagascar live on a picturesque and fun beach camp, and learn conservation surveying or diving techniques before getting involved in gathering their own data.
Our two Madagascar conservation projects are:
- Madagascar Marine Conservation & Diving: Dive in some of the least explored marine sites in the world, helping further the research and protection of these pristine ecosystems and work towards a sustainable environment in Madagascar.
- Madagascar Wildlife Conservation Adventure: Discover, monitor and assess the huge variety of Madagascar's exotic and rare species as you trek through remote regions of this hugely exciting island with Frontier-Madagascar.
View Program Information
Travel & medical advice & documentation
Internal ground transfers & in-transit accommodation
Project equipment & materials
FREE use for Frontier dive kit including Regs, tanks, BCDs, weights, compressor
In-country emergency support
24-hour international HQ back-up