Marine Conservation Program

Marine Conservation Program

Our Marine Conservation Program offers a variety of projects to volunteers and also includes the PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water diving courses, as well as a 10 day Eco Boat Safari exploring several remote islands.

Not only do our projects include reef surveying and regeneration, turtle monitoring, nudibranch research and beach cleanups, we also educate the local community on environmental issues, conservation and protection of their marine resources.

Our volunteers receive comprehensive training on species identification and surveying techniques.

Africa » Madagascar » Nosy Komba
Africa » Madagascar

Janine
Riga, Latvia

Volunteering in Madagascar

After doing forest conservation for 2 months, I did marine conservation for 2 months. I never went scuba diving before coming here, it was the best experience I have ever had. I can't imagine a place more ideal for scuba diving than Madagascar. Madagascar is definitely the most beautiful and unique place I've ever been too. The staff is very helpful and passionate about what they do. For marine, we did a lot of shore dives and some boat dives. The boat dives were at some spots nearby camp, they were always very fun! I loved that no dive was ever the same, we would always see something really interesting and different on every dive. There is an abundance of beautiful coral and marine life everywhere on the reef. I would recommend to stay as long as possible, you won't want to leave. The only thing I regret is not doing marine for longer. Madagascar had a big impact on me and really changed me. I will never forget all the amazing people I met and the memories made.

NOTHING I LOVED IT

Karl
Washington D.C. USA
Georgetown University

My Time at MRCI

If you want to go to Madagascar this is the program to do. I spent roughly five months at MRCI and didn't have a single problem at all. The staff is amazing. They are very friendly and accomadating but also have a strong passion for what there doing! The Cape sits in a perfect location a short boat ride away from the main town and from the front of the camp its about a 30 second swim to "Turtle Towers Reef" where they do many of there surveys! I also highly recommend doing the 10 day Eco Tour! Going around to remote islands, atoms, and reefs for 10 days what one of the many highlights of my trip. Nosy Be and the Surrounding area is an amazing place and theres no where else in the world like it. I recently went back for the second time and had just as much fun.

If you get the chance to do this program believe me you won't regret it

We are a Government Approved Institute undertaking environmental research for our partners, which includes the Malagasy Government

Our Volunteer Programs include forest conservation, marine conservation and teaching English at local schools, as well as to staff of the National Oceanographic Research Centre (CNRO).

Our Turtle