Malawi is known for its amazing people and beautiful landscape. Immerse yourself in this unique country and be more than just a tourist and seeing the sights. It's a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
All our programs are divided into three parts - orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel. During the independent travel time, you will have the opportunity to explore all that Africa has to offer, go on Safari, climb mountains, enjoy watersports or whatever you have in mind, all whilst benefitting from the support of our 24/7 in-country team.
- Orientation - a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you're fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion - you live and work, sharing your skills, in one of our partner communities in Malawi with others in your group. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We're always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel - the final month of the program is free for you to explore the game reserves, mountains, national parks or beaches of East Africa with your group. We're still here to support you whenever you need!
- Get to know the country known as "The Warm Heart of Africa"
- Be more than a visitor passing through
- Become part of the community
FREE Safari Experience when you travel to Africa with us...!!!
Africa & Asia Venture (AV) is one of the oldest gap year providers. Since 1993 AV has been offering unique immersive programs in Africa and Asia for those aged 17-25. You live and work in the local community in a group with fellow participants from around the world.