TRU Experience Travel Internships and Cultural experiences

Have you ever wanted to use your skills in less developed parts of the world?

Tru Experience Travel have many amazing opportunities abroad, from Internships to Volunteering and Road Trips.

The aims on a Tru Experience Travel project are to
Improve the quality of life for underprivileged citizens in and around the community you will work within.
Assist the locals with volunteer tasks on your chosen project
Create cultural exchange opportunities through our efforts with the locals
Gain practical experience in your chosen project which may also be your chosen subject of study at college.

All participants will receive a certificate on completion of their project.

Alex

Volunteering in Cambodia

I had never been abroad in life, I have only ever done family holidays in the UK. I suffered from really bad anxiety and I have also had a dream to go abroad and volunteer in Cambodia. I had to really prepare myself for this trip emotionally. I had communication with the manager of Tru experience Travel, Hannah. Hannah was really amazing from my first initial contact with the company. I had 1000000's of questions that Hannah would answer for me almost straight away no matter the time of day or night, the customer service before I had even booked the trip was incredible, I had a really good feeling about this company, they weren't just trying to sell me an experience but they wanted to make sure it would be the right one for me and my anxieties. After booking my trip the communication with Hannah remained as strong as it was at the very beginning, she got me mentally prepared for the trip as she had been there herself and knew exactly what may be a culture shock to me. I have since returned and had the most incredible experience of my life. I am still in touch with the Tru team at time and plan to head back to Cambodia this summer. Not only did the team give me the experience of a life time, they were catered to my needs and wants it is very person centred and they do everything they can to enable you have a comfortable and great experience with them and the communities. I don't feel I was that shocked when I got to Cambodia as the Tru team had already prepared me and I kind of then had an idea in my mind as to what I should expect. My experience on a whole has been the best experience of my life hence why I am going back this summer ahhaha. If you have a fear or some kind of anxiety I am certain one of these trips will help you over come it.

Marina

unforgettable experience

hey there,
I joined a volunteer program in Fiji. For 3 weeks I was working in a kindergarten/primary school and it was one of the best things I've ever done!
It all started with the great staff and all the other volunteers and continued with a lovely home in a share house and of course the super cute students. Teaching was heaps fun and I learned a lot about the Fijian culture, traditions and way of life. It was an amazing feeling to make the kids happy with such small things like bringing new pencils, they give you so much love and happiness its unbelievable. I also really enjoyed being part of a massive international volunteer family. We made weekend trips together and learned to cook traditional Fijian meals, we spent every free minute together. And all that from day 1.
So if you're still not sure about becoming a volunteer (wherever you wanna go), it's definitely worth every Cent, you gonna make so many unforgettable experiences and meet people from all over the world! Tru Experience Travel helped me with all my questions and the application, what made everything way easier.
Thank you!

Tara

An extraordinary Christmas in China

This is the second time I join volunteer travel with Tru Experience Travel. However, this is my first Christmas spent in a country that most people do not celebrate Christmas. I was a bit worried and struggled at first but turns out that it was a marvellous and unforgettable Christmas for me,

On weekdays, I taught in a kindergarten with other volunteers. The kids are very cute and sweet. I am amazed by their willingness to participate in our class.

On Christmas Day, we had a simple but cozy christmas party in the old house. Some children in the village came over to play and there are laughters everywhere. I really like the atmosphere.

Although it is cold in the village, the staff and volunteers are so nice and warm. Indeed, I had a great time there.

I wish I will be there again next Christmas!! :)

Jack

Zhangjiang International Culture Exchange

My experiences with TRU Experience travel have been very good and the member of staff that I was in contact with during the planning stage was very helpful.
I would say the International Culture Exchange has been life changing to everyone on the programme but especially for me.
Through the trips, teaching, socialising and the opportunities that were available to me I have improved myself and become a better person.
The people I've met and the experiences I've had on this programme are memories that I will never forget.

More structure and planned days would be nice since some days weren't planned until the day before which is stressful for both volunteers and organisers
Jemma

Culture and Fun

I left for China after watching Taken the Movie with my Mum and Dad. It was not a good film to watch the day before you leave your parents for the first time, my mum called me EVERYDAY for my first week, before being satisfied I was in the safest of hands lol. China has been my best experience to date, It is one of my top 3 countries and I continue to travel back calling it my second home,the people in the village are just adorable so kind so giving and so willing. They certainly made me more of a humble person.

About Tru Experience Travel

Many of us dream of travelling the world and seeing parts of the world we’ve only seen in television and film. The chance to experience another country and culture is an invaluable learning experience that will stay with you forever and the only way...