Work at Schools and a Clinic in Malawi

Work at Schools and a Clinic in Malawi

In Malawi we have three projects: a primary school, a nursery and day care program, and a medical center. We support the primary school by sending volunteers and providing educational supplies. The nursery and day care programs are also run by our volunteers. We support the medical clinic by providing medical supplies and by sending volunteers to help with medical programs. In addition, our volunteers organize afternoon activities for the community, including football and volleyball tournaments, educational program, and swimming lessons.

Our volunteers are critical to the continuity of our projects. Teaching, coaching, loving, listening, demonstrating, playing, helping- our volunteers do it all! Our volunteers and local staff work together to achieve our goals- providing shelter, food, education, and love to children in need. As a volunteer for help2kids you can be assured of having a meaningful impact on a child, a classroom, a school, a neighborhood, a country!

Africa » Malawi
Project Types
Guesthouse
It costs USD 540 a month to stay at the beautiful Friendly Gecko Guest House, where breakfast is provided 7 days a week and lunch and dinner are provided 5 days a week. Additional costs are internet and laundry services.
In Malawi you will receive 24/7 support from our staff, including orientation, support in the projects, and help traveling around Malawi. At the end of your volunteer program you will receive a certificate from the organization.

Geraldine
Steinhausen, Switzerland

The warm heart of Africa Malawi

I spend 5 weeks working for help2kids in Malawi. It was a beautiful and wonderful time with so many amazing moment, which I'll never forget.

I assisted in Preschool class at the nursery in the morning and in the afternoon I had different projects such as teaching Intermediate English for adults, kids corner, computer class and many more.

My Highlights are the friendly people I met in Malawi. Every time I needed help I found someone who was willing to help me out. I had really difficulty to adjust back in Switzerland because the people here are not as friendly than in Malawi.

Every day the children walk me home from class, even it is out of the way. You need every finger on every hand to hold all of the children. They are always happy.

This program is great for all the people, who wants to do something good for the community. The local people, the staff, the volunteers are amazing. You work during the day but you have also a lot of free time. Time you can relax, read, watch movies, going to the beach....

I hope to go back soon. I miss Malawi and all the friendly people...
Tionana

To have more material available for teaching in class.

Kim
Al Ain, UAE
University of Toronto

Help2Kids

Volunteer at Help2kids Malawi was a fantastic experience. Over the summer, we taught English to nursery and elementary school children and saw good progress in their English-speaking skills. We also helped construct a new school building; for me, that was particularly rewarding because we could see tangible results of our work.

The local people in Malawi and the employees/volunteers at Help2kids were also great! The local people were extremely friendly and made you feel welcome. My husband and I also made really good friends at the Help2kids compound; we got to meet great people from various parts of the world, and there was a communal atmosphere there.

I would definitely recommend volunteering for Help2kids Malawi.

It's very hard for me to find something that I would want to change about the program. However, maybe the program could at been better if there were more resources/feedback for volunteers on how to teach more effectively.

help2kids offers children in Africa the opportunity for education, nutrition, and a place to live. We strive to give young people a lasting perspective that will help them to achieve a better life.
We run community projects in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) and Leopard Bay