Butterfly Space: Over A Dozen Diverse Volunteer Opportunities in Nkhata Bay, Malawi
View Other Details
• Dormitory accommodation for one month(**)
• Two meals per day (evening meal plus additional food for up to 6000 Kwacha per day)
• Laundry service
• Orientation on projects
(**)An upgrade to a private room is available at an additional cost.
People staying longer than a month can discuss a discount with us after the initial month. We will also send all potential volunteers information about how to get here, their medical issues and other useful information on Malawi and travelling in the area.
Butterfly Space is a registered UK charity and non-profit lodge/organisation based on the lakeshore of Nkhata Bay in the North of Malawi, supporting and running a number of community projects in the local area. We have hosted volunteers for 12 years who have helped us build and develop our projects to what they are today. Our ethos is to provide and encourage ethical volunteering and internships to respectfully work with and educate our community but also learn from our community too.
Volunteers have the option to stay at our small independent non profit community-based lodge with lush grounds on the shores of Lake Malawi. The lodge is the hub that has helped support projects both on the grounds and around the local area in Nkhata Bay.
We are working on a range of projects which are diverse, and all o
Video and Photos
- No fees; we only ask you support our organisation by staing at the non profit lodge while volunteering with us.
- Over a dozen exciting and diverse community projects to get involved in
- Our projects are built to be high impact and sustainable
- Beautiful location on the lake shore, and walking distance from the vibrant market town
- Scope and flexability to input your own ideas into our projects and make a long-lasting change