Baja Ocean Wildlife Expedition with SEE Turtles

Baja camping
Baja camping
Baja turtle research
Baja turtle research

Join us for a unique wildlife adventure to Baja California Sur, Mexico. We’ll snorkel with whale sharks and sea lions, meet the “friendly gray whales,” and participate in a sea turtle research project in beautiful Magdalena Bay.

• Participate in sea turtle research.
  • Meet "friendly" gray whales.
  • Snorkel with whale sharks and sea lions.
  • Camp in Magdalena Bay.
  • Visit Espirtu Santo Island.

• Staff 10
  • Organization 9.5
Jennifer

Loved it!

This was my second trip with SeeTurtles. This trip was amazing. Working with the turtles was the most rewarding part of the trip, but it was awesome to get to see the whale sharks and gray whales. The trip really inspired me to want to do even more for our small world. For me, one of the highlights of the trip was the food provided at the camp. It was delicious. The staff at the camp were mindful of everyone’s dietary needs and restrictions. Overall, the Baja trip was amazing and would be worth doing again!

sara

Great Hands-On Wildlife Adventure!

This was a great trip to experience lots of marine wildlife up close. Our group of 12 or so had lots of hands-on participation with turtle research helping to catch, measure and weigh them. Also, went out in the bay to see several female and baby gray whales breaching and spy-hopping within yards of our boats. Very exciting!! Our trip leaders were very knowledgeable and the entire trip was well organized. Accommodations were very pleasant (even the camping!) and food was tasty and plentiful.

Bev

Baja Trip

The trip was wonderful. We got to swim with a whale shark. We got to see lots of whales and we did sea turtle research. The staff was friendly and accomodating. the cook at Magdalena Bay served excellent food and is a great chef. We also got to go hiking and the scenery was exceptional. Brad Nahill is a very knowledgeable sea turtle researcher and very pleasant to go on trips with. I would recommend this trip to anyone.

Gregg

Outstanding

This was a fantastic opportunity to see a lot of Baja Sur. We swam with whale sharks, helped measure sea turtles, watched whales, and had plenty of time to explore. It was great to work alongside locals involved with conservation. The camping was very comfortable and the food was excellent. The group size was small and manageable. Accommodations in La Paz were top notch. I would definitely take this trip again.

More days in Baja!