Volunteer at Schools in Mexico with Aantah Tulum

Welcome to Mexico! Aantah Tulum is an NGO that works with local schools in the exotic city of Tulum, located in the evergreen and charming Yucatán peninsula, with the mission of contributing directly to children's education and, in turn, improve their life prospectives.

Currently, Aantah Tulum is looking for volunteers who can help by providing English classes to children or carrying out events that contribute directly to the community, such as fundraising. Volunteers normally teach with at least one other volunteer (usually a more experienced volunteer) to work as a team during class.

Volunteers are free to use their own creativity to organize class activities and make them much more fun!

• Experience Tulum, considered as one of the most Magical Towns in Mexico, and get immerse in its beautiful simplicity.
  • Make memories one helpful hand at a time with volunteer friends, and go to the stunning Mexican beaches, cenotes, mayan ruins and more.
  • Become part of the region's first opportunity to learn English, no teaching experience required for the program.
  • Stay at the volunteer accommodation. It includes bathroom amenities, comfort queen size beds or single beds, a separated bathroom, air conditioning, free wi-fi and a pool.
  • Visit Mexico during your free time and travel to Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Guadalajara, Mexico City, and many other charming cities.

Impact

You will become an integral part of the community, providing children with the opportunity to learn English. Access to an English education opens doors for our students, helping them to thrive in our ever-globalizing world.

Antonio

Great Experience

Volunteering with Aantah Tulum was definitely a once in a lifetime experience and a meaningful way to help the children in Tulum. Knowing that I was able to help make a difference in their everyday life and to be able to see the result and impact was very fulfilling. One other thing that I liked was that there's no teaching experience required and that I was surrounded by some of the most amazing people, the other volunteers as well as the Aantah Tulum staff were the happiest and most genuine people I've met.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I probably would've stayed longer but I had to go back because of work.
Maria

Amazing

The impact that has this is incredible, they are always taking care of the children and also trying to help them in any way. I had a lot of fun and also learn so much about the communities, they don’t have much but they will do anything to learn, even the smallest thing. The activities we did were all about learning but also we tried to keep the fun going with games. I recommend this volunteering because you make new friends from other places, and you will fall in love with the kids, they are so incredible and supporting

Yilan

Opinion

I went as a volunteer and I really liked it because I like helping people and especially helping little kids to be happy by learning a new language! Many of these kids were really funny and nice to us, which created a nice environment to spend time and laugh along with them. My experience was really cool because I got to help little kids to answer their math exercises that were kind of difficult for them, I also helped them to learn many new things, I also got the chance to converse with some of them about their families and lifestyle

What was your funniest moment?
Meeting a lot of new children who were really cool.
Roberto

VP Aantah Tulum

Hi my name is Roberto I recently volunteered with Aantah Tulum. I was on the Teaching English Program. In my experience volunteering gave me the chance to give back something meaningful to the children and the local community in Tulum. It was mind-blowing to see the children's enthusiasm to learn English every day. I discovered new beautiful places and the people were very nice and warm. I spent the most amazing time with the kids at the school. I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

My advice is to enjoy the journey, this truly changes your perspective on how you view the world. Their smiles are something that you'll never forget, the best experience ever.