Volunteer to build the Tamount Green School

The Tamount Green School’s mission is to create a community of learners making our Moroccan High Mountains sustainable. The TGS will educate for sustainability through a community-integrated approach in a natural environment. The TGS is the physical manifestation of what we stand for in Espace Tamount sustainable tourism enterprise: sustainability, local development and taking action.

The school is deeply committed to implement the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals 2030 SDGs of the United Nations. As the TGS Youth team, we are committed to work with governments, companies, NGOs, and communities at the national and international level to support and help achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals mainly in the Moroccan rural and mountain region.

In fact we are delighted to launch our first Volunteer program, currently we are looking for 10 to 15 volunteers around the world to come to the Atlas Mountains in order to participate and help to build 2 Bioclimatic classrooms.

• Easy Acess from Marrakech (One Hour)
  • Highly affordable program fees from $250 for 1 week
  • Free courses of Berber Artisanal jobs
  • Work with local population to build 2 bioclimatic classrooms
  • One Hiking Day to the Dainasure Traces and the Natural Bridge

Simon

Living in the Atlas

I worked for nearly 2 months at Espace Tamount and it was an incredible experience. I had been to Morocco before but this time the journey was really immersive. The team at Espace Tamount is very generous and light hearted, leading to a positive working environment, as well as easing the transition into the lifestyle there. Its quiet and peaceful. In the winter months it does get cold so I would recommend doing some research and seeing the weather for the time that any prospective volunteer is going to be staying. Remember, it's still in the mountains :) Overall I had a lovely time and I would go back in a second!

There are a few minor adjustments but making sure communication is clear would be helpful. I don't think that it's a big enough issue to lower the rating though