Multiple Locations +6

Age Max
Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Guesthouse Host Family
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Budget Family Older Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

VOLUNTEER ACCOMMODATION: Volunteers are provided accommodation in a volunteer house or in a homestay accommodation managed by the local coordinating team. The accommodations are neat and clean. Accommodation is shared amongst volunteers on the ‘same gender sharing’ basis rooms. Wi-Fi internet, warm water is not guaranteed.

MEALS: Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) are provided to the participants from Monday – Sunday.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jul 25, 2022
Oct 16, 2022
1 traveler is looking at this program

Go Volunteer Africa combines community service, cultural exchange, language immersion, and adventure- which creates an unforgettable experience, friends for a lifetime, lessons in leadership, and impactful change!

Go Volunteer Africa is a social enterprise that provides responsible and experiential travel through volunteer travel programs. Our volunteer opportunities are for those who want personalized and our well-serviced volunteering programs in developing communities in Africa.

We specialize in Africa volunteering travel, because this is where we have deep roots and the most ground expertise, local knowledge and professional networks to provide truly authentic volunteering programs that serve the needs of our communities, while delivering incredibly gratifying experiences for our volunteers.

Program Highlights

• Caregiving Programs
  • Community Development Programs
  • Healthcare Programs
  • Teaching Programs
  • Conservation Programs

Program Impact

All of our programs be it teaching children, empowering women, renovating schools, supporting refugees, sports coaching or volunteering in a local hospital or marine and wildlife conservation, are handpicked to meet this dual objective.

• 5 rating 100%
  • 4 rating 0%
  • 3 rating 0%
  • 2 rating 0%
  • 1 rating 0%
Rich

The Best Volunteer Program in Kenya and Africa

Ever since I was really little, it has always been my dream to travel to Kenya because of its wildlife, and with Go Volunteer Africa I was given the perfect opportunity.

In July 2022, I spent three weeks at the conservation program in Mombasa in Kenya. I had the most incredible time of my life. The volunteer placement is located in a beautiful, very safe area of the island and was walking distance from beaches which all us volunteers loved.

Mombasa itself it is a lovely place. The locals are extremely friendly and after a day you feel like you've known the coordinators and other volunteers for your whole life. Participating in the wildlife conservation was a unique experience, especially releasing them back into the wild on my last day there.

My only regret is that I didn't stay longer. Paul my Program Supervisor at GVA did an amazing job organizing the trip and getting me in contact with the local team before I left. They answered all questions quickly and provided modules to prepare for the trip and make it easier. I was nervous since it was my first trip alone, but I loved it and plan to return next summer.

The accommodation is lovely and so is the food. The beach is just a five-minute walk away, and there's a medical centre right next to the accommodation in case of an emergency. Overall, GVA is an incredible and affordable option for people like me who love adventure and traveling with a purpose. Its indeed the best volunteer program in Kenya and Africa.

Everything was well-organized and I felt supported throughout. I felt that it was all worth the money and was by far the cheapest volunteer program out there! I would strongly advise anybody to travel with Go Volunteer Africa, especially on the Kenya wildlife project, its awesome!

Peter

I highly recommend this program

I volunteered in Rwanda for 2 weeks with Go Volunteer Africa. Paul was our coordinator and he did a fabulous job with everything planning. He was very supportive and always available for help.

Before I made my decision to volunteer I managed to talk with some of the past volunteers through a connection. I received varieties of feedbacks some were very positive and some were partially positive.

But one thing I learned from all participants is that the projects associated with GVA are positive life changing and the hosts are very nice and honest. They will go out of their way to help you and make your stay smooth.

I really enjoyed my hospital experience because I got to rotate through all the different departments in the hospital on different days including surgery, pharmacy, pediatric care, primary care etc.

It was great to have this hands on experience. Since I had already traveled to Uganda and Kenya for safari, I spent the weekend volunteering with children. It was a lot of fun playing with the kids. Our host family was great.

I shared a room in the same host family with another volunteer. It was also pretty easy to navigate the bus system between the family, the school and the hospital. I highly recommend this program.