Multiple Locations +6

Age Max
Short Term Spring Break Summer Winter Year Round
Guesthouse Host Family
Groups
Small Group (1-15) Medium Group (16-30)
Travel Type
Budget Family Older Travelers Solo Women

Pricing

VOLUNTEER ACCOMMODATION: Volunteers are provided accommodation in a volunteer house or in a homestay accommodation managed by the local coordinating team. The accommodations are neat and clean. Accommodation is shared amongst volunteers on the ‘same gender sharing’ basis rooms. Wi-Fi internet, warm water is not guaranteed.

MEALS: Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) are provided to the participants from Monday – Sunday.
What's Included
Accommodation Activities Airport Transfers Equipment Meals
What's Not Included
Airfare Travel Insurance Visa
Jul 25, 2022
Sep 13, 2022
0 travelers are looking at this program

Go Volunteer Africa combines community service, cultural exchange, language immersion, and adventure- which creates an unforgettable experience, friends for a lifetime, lessons in leadership, and impactful change!

Go Volunteer Africa is a social enterprise that provides responsible and experiential travel through volunteer travel programs. Our volunteer opportunities are for those who want personalized and our well-serviced volunteering programs in developing communities in Africa.

We specialize in Africa volunteering travel, because this is where we have deep roots and the most ground expertise, local knowledge and professional networks to provide truly authentic volunteering programs that serve the needs of our communities, while delivering incredibly gratifying experiences for our volunteers.

Program Highlights

• Caregiving Programs
  • Community Development Programs
  • Healthcare Programs
  • Teaching Programs
  • Conservation Programs

Program Impact

All of our programs be it teaching children, empowering women, renovating schools, supporting refugees, sports coaching or volunteering in a local hospital or marine and wildlife conservation, are handpicked to meet this dual objective.

Peter

I highly recommend this program

I volunteered in Rwanda for 2 weeks with Go Volunteer Africa. Paul was our coordinator and he did a fabulous job with everything planning. He was very supportive and always available for help.

Before I made my decision to volunteer I managed to talk with some of the past volunteers through a connection. I received varieties of feedbacks some were very positive and some were partially positive.

But one thing I learned from all participants is that the projects associated with GVA are positive life changing and the hosts are very nice and honest. They will go out of their way to help you and make your stay smooth.

I really enjoyed my hospital experience because I got to rotate through all the different departments in the hospital on different days including surgery, pharmacy, pediatric care, primary care etc.

It was great to have this hands on experience. Since I had already traveled to Uganda and Kenya for safari, I spent the weekend volunteering with children. It was a lot of fun playing with the kids. Our host family was great.

I shared a room in the same host family with another volunteer. It was also pretty easy to navigate the bus system between the family, the school and the hospital. I highly recommend this program.

1 person found this review helpful.