View Other Details
* Pick-up and transfers from/to Tanger Airport (TNG) on arrival and departure
* Twin room accommodation shared with another participant in our shared volunteer flat
* Preparation materials including intercultural preparation
* Personal support staff at your location and at our international office
* Assistance with visa application, if needed
* 24 Hours emergency support by local support team
* Local SIM card with 20 MAD airtime credit
* Volunteering certificate
* Donation of 50 USD (in domestic currency) to your placement
* 10 seedlings of indigenous trees that we plant on your behalf on the slopes of Kilimanjaro as a CO2 compensation of your flight to India
Lively cities with colorful markets and a dreamy oriental flair, beaches with fantasic waves for surfing, impressive mountain panoramas and magical desert landscapes: Morocco has it all!
Whether an internship to gain hands-on experience for your major or personal development, or a volunteer placement to dedicate your time and skills to a good cause: we will help you to customize your trip to Morocco to make sure it best possibly suits your needs and interests!
Our programs in Morocco include:
* Volunteering at the Municipal Children's Home
* Volunteering and internships at a local kindergarten
* Environmental Conservation
* Women's Empowerment
* Medicine & Health Care - hospital internships, electives and volunteering
* Working at a local youth and community center
- Municipal Children's Home: Support the local staff in childcare, e.g. helping the kids with their homework, playing, feeding, reading, singing etc.
- Women's Empowerment: Teach French, Arabic, English, computer skills or sewing to women and children at a community center
- Environmental Conservation: Develop and carry out environmental conservation workshops for school classes at a center for environmental education
- Medicine & Health Care: Do your elective in nursing, medicine or therapies at a hospital or volunteer at a charitable medical center
- Kindergarten: Carry out your education internship at a local nursery under the supervision of professional caretakers and nursersy school teachers
"La Crèche de Tanger" is home to around 75 children between 0 and 11 years who are waiting to be adopted. Around 40 of them are newborns or babies.The task for volunteers are to bottle-feed and change the diapers of the babies, to dedicate time to the children with disabilities, and to play with, paint with, assist with homework, and possibly to teach French to the children who are a little older.
We can arrange elective placements and nursing internships at private hospitals of good standards in Tangier, Morocco. Pre-medical internships are also possible here if you would like to gain experience before starting your studies in medicine or nursing! Volunteer placements for professional health care staff are possible at a charitable medical clinic.
Volunteer at a Center for environmental education, sustainable development and environmentally responsible behavior in Morocco! Volunteers develop teaching materials about environmental issues, help prepare and implement workshops for students visiting the center (e.g. about gardening, waste management and recycling) and help in the educational garden, including a greenhouse, a solar-powered well, a drip irrigation system, and composting.
Carry out an internship or volunteer placement at a local kindergarten in Tangier under the supervision of professional nursery teachers and gain valualbe experience for your future career in education or childcare.
Dragon Tangier is a youth center in Tangier, which originated from a group that was interested in Japanese manga art, but now also takes up activities from various areas of creative design and environmental protection. As a volunteer you can run your own workshops in the creative field.