Tanzania is developing at an extreme pace. While tourism has been big in Tanzania for many years (being one of Africa's top tourist destinations with attractions including Mt. Kilimanjaro, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar), the level of professionalism of many other sectors is increasing and already of good standard. Now it is a good time to get to know the work conditions of Tanzania.
We arrange internships in:
* Hospitals (e.g. medical and nursing electives, final year rotations, physiotherapy)
* Psychology at Mental Hospital
* Teaching at public and private schools (Education)
* Women's right
* Social Work with many NGOs
* Sustainable Development
* Tropical Farming
* Veterinary medicine
* Zanzibar Beach Hotels and Tanzania Safari Lodges
* English-language newspapers, TV and media production (journalism, media technologies, design)
* Architecture and technology (solar, irrigation etc.)
- Our service is very personal and we put effort into finding the right internship that meets your requirements and those of your university (if so). Professional supervision/tutoring for university credit is possible.
- In our team there are professionals from various subject areas (e.g. biology, social work, sustainable tourism etc.) who can assist you with research for BA, MA and PhD dissertations.
- With around 400 participants per year, we are one of the largest providers of internships and volunteering in Tanzania. We offer excursions and activities on the weekends that you can join to meet fellow interns and really get to know Tanzania.
- Add our "World Learner" activities and learn for instance about traditional herbal medicine, sailing boat building, coffee farming and production, do Swahili language lessons, etc.
- We run our own development programs in Tanzania that you can additionally get to know. With your participation you fund these programs and contribute to the sustainable development of your host country.