Zanzibar & Tanzania: Volunteering and Internships
- Dar es Salaam
View Other Details
World Unite! runs the "Mother Nature" Environmental Conservation Camps with daily volunteering activities, guided by professional conservationists:
* Marine turtle and coastal conservation in Matemwe/Zanzibar
* Tropical rainforest conservation at Jozani Forest/Zanzibar
* Climate Change Camp at Kilimanjaro
Our other popular volunteering and internship programs in Tanzania and Zanzibar include:
* Healthcare internships (medical and nursing electives, final year rotations, physiotherapy, mental health)
* Social Work with many NGOs
* Education at public and private schools
* Women and youth empowerment and capacity building
* Hotel and tourism internships in Zanzibar
* Arts, culture, music, sports
* Internships in specialised fields such as law, business, architecture, civil engineering, journalism, media
* Permaculture and organic farming
* Veterinary medicine
* We also have remote Internships out of Tanzania
Video and Photos
- We have have our own teams in Tanzania and Zanzibar providing support and running our program activities incl. specialists (e.g. marine biologists, social workers)
- Active since 2005 and with around 800 participants per year, we are one of the largest and most experienced providers of internships and volunteering programs in Tanzania.
- We are registered as NGOs in Zanzibar and Tanzania and almost all money paid stays in the country and supports sustainable development.
- In case of internships, professional supervision/tutoring for university credit is possible.
- We offer excursions and activities on the weekends that you can join to meet fellow participants and really get to know Tanzania.
As a volunteer at the World Unite! Mother Nature Climate Camp Kilimanjaro, you will join activities related to the reforestation of eroded land, promotion of energy efficient cooking, promotion of indigenous seeds, you will learn about innovative approaches such as aquaponics, and you will be part of a local farming community!
Volunteering activities include relocation of marine turtle eggs to the turtle hatchery, releasing hatchlings, beach patrolling, coral reef monitoring, coral farming, beach clean-ups, mangrove reforestation, environmental education at local schools, working with a farmers' cooperative, giving swimming lessons to children etc.
In Moshi, a town on the foothills of Kilimanjaro we work with a number of facilities that support children. These children have for various reasons, less privileged lives and wouldn't be cared for sufficiently without the work of the facilities. In Tanzania, there are approximately 4 million children under 14 who are not appropriately cared for.
We organize hospital internships, including elective placements, (pre-)medical, (pre-)nursing, (pre-)midwifery, physiotherapy, and other healthcare internships at several hospitals and medical facilities in Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Dar-es-Salaam and Zanzibar. Gain hands-on medical experience and learn about Tanzania's health care system first hand!
Internships and volunteer assignments are possible with several legal organizations. You can focus on whether you are interested in women's rights, the rights of minorities or human rights and want to do educational work; or work directly in a law firm that handles court cases.
Response from World Unite!
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are always delighted to receive feedback from participants of our programs.
We are glad to read that you and your wife had a great experience volunteering at the Marine Turtle aquarium in Nungwi and that you learned a lot about turtles. As well as how the aquarium and World Unite! staff were helpful and supportive throughout your entire stay. We are happy to have made your stay in Zanzibar worthwhile.
We wish you all the best and Karibuni tena Zanzibar.