- Dar es Salaam
View Other Details
Tanzania is developing at an extreme pace. While tourism has been big in Tanzania for many years (being one of Africa's top tourist destinations with attractions including Mt. Kilimanjaro, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Zanzibar), the level of professionalism of many other sectors is increasing and already of good standard. Now it is a good time to get to know the work conditions of Tanzania.
We arrange internships in:
* Hospitals (e.g. medical and nursing electives, final year rotations, physiotherapy)
* Psychology at Mental Hospital
* Teaching at public and private schools (Education)
* Women's rights
* Social Work with many NGOs
* Sustainable Development
* Tropical Farming
* Veterinary medicine
* Zanzibar Beach Hotels and Tanzania Safari Lodges
* English-language newspapers, TV and media production (journalism, media technologies, design)
* Architecture and technology (solar, irrigation etc.)
* Remote Internships
- Our service is very personal and we put effort into finding the right internship that meets your requirements and those of your university (if so). Professional supervision/tutoring for university credit is possible.
- In our team there are professionals from various subject areas (e.g. biology, social work, sustainable tourism etc.) who can assist you with research for BA, MA and PhD dissertations.
- With around 400 participants per year, we are one of the largest providers of internships and volunteering in Tanzania. We offer excursions and activities on the weekends that you can join to meet fellow interns and really get to know Tanzania.
- Add our "World Learner" activities and learn for instance about traditional herbal medicine, sailing boat building, coffee farming and production, do Swahili language lessons, etc.
- We run our own development programs in Tanzania that you can additionally get to know. With your participation you fund these programs and contribute to the sustainable development of your host country.
As a volunteer at the World Unite! Mother Nature Conservation Camp Kilimanjaro, you will join activities related to the reforestation of eroded land and environmental education and you will be part of a local farming community!
In Moshi, a town on the foothills of Kilimanjaro we work with a number of facilities that support children. These children have for various reasons, less privileged lives and wouldn't be cared for sufficiently without the work of the facilities. In Tanzania, there are approximately 4 million children under 14 who are not appropriately cared for.
We organize hospital internships, including elective placements, (pre-)medical, (pre-)nursing, (pre-)midwifery, physiotherapy, and other healthcare internships at several hospitals and medical facilities in Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Dar-es-Salaam and Zanzibar. Gain hands-on medical experience and learn about Tanzania's health care system first hand!
Do your internship at a safari camp, a safari lodge or a tourist hotel in Tanzania and gain valuable experience for your future career in the tourism and hospitality industry! This is possible in the areas around the National Parks such as the Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Kilimanjaro, and also in cities like Moshi and Arusha, where the safaris usually start and end, as well as the largest city in Tanzania, Dar-es-Salaam.
Internships and volunteer assignments are possible with several legal organizations. You can focus on whether you are interested in women's rights, the rights of minorities or human rights and want to do educational work; or work directly in a law firm that handles court cases.