Iko Poran offers incredible volunteer programs in one of World's most exciting counties in Southeast Africa.
You can volunteer at an Injured and Orphaned Wildlife Sanctuary, at an Elephant and Wild Dog research project or at a hands-on Medical Clinic program in which you will be able to gain experience, make a difference and give back to local communities.
At a glance:
- Available all year round
- Start dates: Wildlife weekly; medical on 2nd Sunday of the month
- Program length: from 2 to 24 weeks
- Accommodation at the project
- All meals included
- Highly affordable fees!
- Iko Poran is a non-profit organization based in a developing country. We are a volunteer organization that works in partnership with other development organizations.
It is impossible to describe what it is like the experience to volunteer in a foreign country – the local people you will meet, learning a new culture, living & experiencing new environments in amazing landscapes an sceneries.
- Volunteerism should not be expensive for the ones with good hearts that want to lend a hand;
- The only international volunteer organization based in a developing country that also runs its own developing projects. Most of other providers are profit-oriented traveling companies based in First World nations;
- Most affordable registration and highly affordable program fees; no transfer fees on top;
- Iko Poran is recognized as a Public Interest Organization since 2007;
- We are not targeting any surplus revenues. All money charged is used to further achieve our mission and contribute to our local programs!
Working in the Wildlife Sanctuary volunteers give the injured and orphaned wildlife a second chance. on the Elephant and Wild Dog research program, the goal is to mitigate human-wildlife conflict with landowners and livestock farmers. And on the medical program volunteers provides free primary healthcare services to more than 3,500 patients every year.
Sign up to make a difference and give back!