SAVE Volunteering SOUTH AFRICA

SAVE Volunteering is a Non Profit Organisation. We are NOT a booking agent, we run, manage and fund all of our Humanitarian Projects with the help of volunteers.
We believe in transparent and sustainable programs that impact our local community.

The volunteer fees go towards, food, accommodation, transport, weekly socials and the rest of the money gets donated to the NPO for running costs such as stationary or meals for the children.

Join one of our amazing projects and leave with a life changing experience!

Volunteer with Children

• Adventure Surf Club: Spend time with children helping them learn to swim and surf, as well as taking part in various activities such as hiking, educational classes and teamwork.
  • Settlement project: Work in settlements with disadvantaged children helping educate them with valuable life lessons, helping with events, fundraising and running fun days and sports activities.
  • School and Edu-care Assistance: Work in a school or settlement Edu-care center giving lessons and managing the class, building relationships with the children and watching them grow.
  • Disabled School Assistance: Learn about and work in a local township by assisting the people that the rest of the township does not understand. Create mind stimulation and provide physiotherapy for them.
  • Sport and Youth development: Spend most of your day outside enjoying the sunshine whilst you assist in sport programs; help develop the skills of the children and helping lower socio – economic problems to make a difference.
  • Kite Surfing Outreach project:Learn how to kite surf and teach disadvantaged children to swim and kite surf, with flexibility enabling you to choose your hours of work.

Volunteer with Animals

• Animal Care and Protection Project: Work one on one with animals of all kinds of species through educating the public, mass sterilization and providing support for rescued animals.
  • Great White Shark conservation: Learn about the behavior of Great White Sharks and other species and spend time at sea obtaining help, support and encouragement from Marine Biologists.
  • Pre Vet Project: Experience a real working conservation and wildlife management programme that includes game capture and release of elephant and buffalo tracking.
  • Wildlife Sanctuary: Work hand on hand with big cats such as lions, cheetahs and tigers. Assist animals that once had no hope and learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals.
  • Hartees Animal Projects: Learn more about animals through interactive hands on projects. Interact with elephants, monkeys and other animals.
  • Wildcat farm/Sanctuary: Work hand on hand with big cats such as lions, cheetahs and tigers. Assist animals that once had no hope and learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals.

Skills Development Volunteering

• Skills Development: Run your own project in order to utilize your own skills, and using your initiative to create timetables and activities to help the children develop skills.
  • Skills and Computer class assistance: Teach computer skills, lesson planning and working in the ‘Big Green E – Machine”. Drive the sports development initiative and provide support to a local orphanage.

Alina

Volunteering at SAVE

I’ve been volunteering at save foundation for 8 weeks and I totally loved it. It was easy to get into the program as the staff is really welcoming and concerning about that everyone feels well. The orientation helped a lot at the beginning. The program itself is good organized and a lot of diverse things are going on. The organization is really open if you would like to do any adventures. Also the surf was such a fun time!! All in all it has been a very good time there and I would highly recommend to go there :)

Natascha

Amazing Volunteer experience

I had an amazing volunteer experience with SAVE. I was on the Sunshine project and the surf project - and on both of the projects I learned a lot about my self and the world we are living in. The culture and the way of living is so diffent from what I am used to, which was really good for me to experience the difference in way of living.
The organization SAVE is a good and structured organization and I am really glad I choose them for my stay i south Africa. The staff are good at involving the volunteers and they all have a lot of creative ideas and a good heart for the job they do!
the kids are amazing and have such at big cheerfulness and as a volunteer you learn a lot from them and you really connect with them!

I was quite happy for my stay, so I wouldn't say anything should improves.
Karen Cha

Hartees Animal Project - African Wildlife Protection

This project is so great! The people on this project are so friendly and dedicated (Gail, Cassandra etc.). We stayed in Hartebeesport together with our team leader Cassandra, which was very, very safe! And Cassandra is really kind.

I especially liked the project, because we did a lot of varied jobs during our stay: we worked with monkeys, cheetahs, elephants, owls, cats and dogs. And we did a very meaningful job!

I can definitely recommend this project, if you like animals and want to do a difference.

Nanna

Nanna review

I only have one bad thing to say about saltycrax and that is that it is hard to be 11 people coming together there, when you don’t know each other yet. But if you are traveling a few people together it is amazing! The staff is so helpful and passionately about their job! The project with the children works excellent and you really fell that you get the right tools to make a difference. It is a really amazing project with amazing staff and volunteers behind it

Maybe more games to make the volunteers closer between the different houses, schools and programs
Ashley

Loved it all!

I spent 4 weeks in Table View and absolutely loved spending time with very young kids in the morning and older kids in the afternoon sports. Having variety kept it interesting and each day was less repetitive. Although I traveled in the winter months and was often unable to actually do swimming and surfing with the older children in the afternoon, I still enjoyed getting to know them a bit better when things did not go as planned on a cold/rainy day. All these kids will always be in my heart, as well as all the other amazing people volunteering a part of their lives to help these children!

I think Monday’s are a wasted day and all volunteers should go to school, even if it is only a half day. Additionally afternoon projects are often communicated to the volunteers so late that we had to rush to ensure the equipment, food, and volunteers were all ready to go.
Sydney

SAVE volunteering opened my eyes to so many things. The amazing staff were fantastic to work with. They create a great work environment both in the schools and within the volunteer houses. I worked at Honey Bee Educare in Dunoon and had a fantastic expirience working with the teachers, kids, and other volunteers. It was a life changing expirence.
I would return to Cape Town in a hearbeat if i could. I hope to be able to some day.

Thomas

My experience

I would work more with the kids. Actually they are the reason why most of us came for. I don't understand why we don't wor on mondays for example. Then I would wish a better allocation of the volunteers. While we are until 6 person in one class, in other schools they have to control a class with 30 kids by theyr selves.
But nertheless it's a nice programm and a good opportunity to have a first experience in the world of the volunteers.

Alina

The best weeks of my life

I spent 3 weeks in South Africa, Cape Town as a volunteer in Adventure Surf Club project. I tutored kids with Math and English in Vissershock Primary School. It was rewarding everyday because I could see someone learning something new. The breaks were great with all the kids at the primary school.

It was crazy to see where the kids were from and how unbelievable and authenticly happy they were regardless. I loved how the kids were so positive, energetic, and just full of joy around us. Whenever I saw a kid sad, I tried my best to find out what was wrong and give my all to them.

Hundreds memories after I learned a lot more about myself that I would have ever expected. I got to live through exciting, fun, and teaching experiences. It made me realize what fills my heart; help others to feel happy inside and out. During the project I found joy and connection on a surfboard. SAVE’s project made my future more clear and I am forever grateful for that. I will never forget this project! Until we meet again! <3

I would love to have a ”godson/-daughter” to support afterwards when the project ends.
Razeen

Amazing Experience

This experience was one of a kind from the volunteers to the staff to the kids. The people apart of my program were all friendly and there was never a dull moment any day. The children were excited and energetic everyday and so happy to see me and the other volunteers. It was definitely an experience being able to see firsthand the township of Dunoon in Cape Town and the lifestyle and culture. To fully enjoy the experience I’d recommend coming with an open mind and the willingness to do anything and everything to help no matter how small or big the task.

Diana

My time as a volunteer at SAVE

My time with SAVE was one of the best experiences in my life! I was at the surf project and we had skate and surf club in the afternoon with the children. In the morning we went to different schools and worked as assistent teachers. I was also there during the holidays and we had holiday club with tje children where we took them to museums, cinema,hiked, ice skating and much more. The thing that made the biggest impact on me was that you always felt like you made a difference! I never worked with children before my time with SAVE and I was a bit nervous. But after the two months I was there i learned so much about myself and that i want to keep on working with children in the future! For me it was a life changing experience!

Rikke

Volunteering in South Africa

My time in South Africa has been a very important time for me. I have learned much about my self, my friends, the community, poor children and about the safety for animals.
I will surely recoment this project for those who need an incredibly experience! The staff has been so wonderful and have always been there to help and make us laugh. They are very serius about their job but always with a smile and positive energy!

Eeva-Liisa

Best place for volunteering

Best time of my life. Staff were amazing and helpfull and everything works good. The projects are amazing and everything has been organized so good. The staff are big hearted people and they take good care of volunteers. I have been there twice volunteering in different projects and both times has been so Great. On your free time you can do so many things and explore amazing places. I have made life time friends over there and once you go there you will want to go there over and over again and never Leave.

Inger Lise

The best month in my life so far

I would highly recommend volunteering with Save. It is definitely the most meaningful and fun thing I have done in my life so far. The staff are lovely, food is great, safety is a priority and it will definitely give you a wider spectrum of life.

I did the surf program. We were with the smaller kids at their school in the townships until lunch, and went to surf with the bigger kids after lunch. It was great to get to know the bigger kids too as their English is pretty good. I felt safe and learned a lot about surfing even though it was my first time even seeing a surfboard (and I am a bit scared of the ocean). I would definitely do the surf program if I were you!

Some kind of heat in the houses
Maria

5 amazing weeks

Weeks filled with a lot of new experiences, strong impressions, smiles, laughs and new friendships. I learned so much from volunteering for SAVE, and I will remember this for a lifetime. The staff are wonderful and so helpful, and the work we were doing were rewarding in so many ways. I did the surf project, and the combination of working with the younger kids in the morning and the older kids in the afternoon suited me perfectly.
Will definitely come back one day!!

Hannah

Volunteering in South Africa

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Cape Town, volunteering with Save. During the three weeks I have been here, I have experienced volunteering at sunshine educare project with the younger children, holiday club and also at Vissershok with the older children - all experiences which I have loved and learnt a lot from. My time here has gone so fast and I wish I was staying longer. The staff are amazing and I shall miss it a lot.

Hannah

That all volunteers are up to date with the schedule - could do a group chat?
That all volunteers have found out more about their projects before they come here - can select which ones they will feel more confident with and the ones they will have more to give.

About SAVE Volunteering

SAVE Foundation is a registered non-profit organization (NPO) that assists communities in Africa. We are NOT a booking agent, all of our community projects are run and funded by our local NPO/ Foundations on the ground. Our work involves setting up...