SAVE Volunteering Humanitarian Projects

SAVE Volunteering is a Non-Profit Organisation. We are NOT a booking agent: we run, manage and fund all of our Humanitarian and Wildlife Projects with the help of volunteers.
We believe in transparent and sustainable programs that impact our local community and wildlife.

The volunteer fees go towards, food, accommodation, transport, orientation and the rest of the money gets donated to the NPO for running costs such as stationary or meals for the children and meals for the Wildlife.

Join one of our amazing projects and leave with a life-changing experience!

• Help us better the lives of the children on our Humanitarian projects and the Animals on our Wildlife project.
  • Educate children to better their future on our Humanitarian projects and build structures and homes for our animals on our Wildlife projects.
  • Form a relationship with our children and see the world through their eyes on our Humanitarian projects. Protect Africas Wildlife on our Wildlife projects.
  • Learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals on our Wildlife projects. Learn about patience and hard work on our Humanitarian projects.
  • Have a close animal encounter with some of the human tolerant animals on our Wildlife projects. Spend time with children in need of your affection and attention on our Humanitarian projects.

Cristina

What does it means to be a volunteer?

Two years ago I went in Cape Town and I did the volunteer with Save Foundation. There are to many word to describe my experience with them, but no many to describe what I felt. If I can describe it in two words I will use beauty and love.
You will fall in love with Cape Town as town, with all the beautiful place to visit and to know their history. You will see an other face of Cape Town, because if you go in the middle of the town, you will see skyscrapers, hotels. But if you go to the suburb with Save Foundation, you will fall in love with this town. The suburb has a name and it is Dunuun, it is not a save place, but the kids and the teachers that you will meet, they are gorgeous and the kids shine when they see you.

You will update your vocabulary to describe all the moment with them, they are amazing, they are like a volcano of happinesses, they always smile, they want a lot of hug, they are amazing. When you spend the time with them, you forget about your personal problems, in the moment they are your target.

You will find a family in Save Foundation, because you will live for a short moment of your life with other volunteers from all the country of the world. You will make new friendships and when the experience will end, you will stay in contact for a long a time.

I really suggest you, to do this experience with them.

Emily

Amazing Company and Projects!

SAVE is an amazing company that really cares about their volunteers and the communities they help. I spent two weeks volunteering in Dunoon with SAVE and from the daily family dinners, car rides to placements and the placements themselves, it’s difficult to choose a favourite experience!
The other volunteers you meet will only enhance the experience, and I am still in contact with most today!
If you are looking to volunteer in South Africa, I highly recommend SAVE as you know you’ll be safe, enjoy your time and contribute meaningfully to the project.

Weenie

Cannot recommend it enough

I cannot describe the impact my experience at SAVE has had on my life. I was absolutely captivated by the school I worked at as well as by the SAVE staff and Cape Town as a whole. Ive lived in South Africa before but never in Cape Town and volunteering for SAVE was a truly special way to see the city and make an impact.

I highly recommend this program to anyone that’s ready to meaningfully contribute to a community in a new place and also see one of the most beautiful cities on the planet! It really is something that will change the way you see things- please please do it!!

My advice would be to embrace everything that’s thrown at you and to prepare for the best stay of your life!
Ylva

Amazing time at Surf and Adventure Program

The Surf and Adventure program consists of spending mornings at a township, spending the most amazing time helping the teachers run their little schools, helping shape the kids education and making bonds with the wonderful teachers. The afternoons are full of fun, doing sport activities (surfing, skating, swimming etc.) with teens from the same neighbourhood/township where you spend your mornings.

Having experience as a teacher or being good at surfing etc. is not a requirement (trust me, after three months on a surfing board I still could not do it), the only thing you need is a positive attitude and motivation to make something of your day, because you are there for the kids!

The organisation SAVE has staff that love their work and it shows, they put a lot of effort to shape the program (when the kids have holiday weeks they arranged for us to take them into capetown and see museums for example!) and are also there for you on a personal level (when missing family or feeling sick).

I would recommed SAVE because they offer a very rewarding program and I would go back any day if i could.

PS. on a more personal note, the way you spend a lot of the activities together with other volunteers and live together, you make the most amazing friendships that last a long time after everybody is back home!

Be prepared! Look up on facebook what are good educational games and activities for little kids with limited supplies, it feels good to propose something and it being received well!
And spend your weekends exploring the beautiful surroundings. South Africa has a lot to offer ( I know you might be tired but you will regret it if you go to the beach instead of climb table mountain :) )

The number one comment people made was 'I wish I would have booked more weeks...'
Jolijn

I had the best time with SAVE in South-Africa

Just two months ago I was a volunteer for SAVE and I had the best time of my life!

In the mornings we were helping the teachers at the pre schools, and in the afternoon we were playing sports with kids from a primary school. It is amazing to see the smile on the faces of these kids when you are playing with them. It really brightens my day!

What is so special about SAVE is that the staff and the volunteers are so passionate about the work they do. With the work they do, they can make small but also big changes in the lives of these kids. And how special is it, that with even little actions, you already can make a big difference in the lifes of these kids. All i want to say is Thank you to SAVE, for giving me an amazing time in Africa ❤️

To everyone who wants a life changing experience and wants to do something good for others, SAVE is the place for you!😊

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
So, I only could stay at this project for 3 weeks, so if i could do this all over again, I would stay much longer! I had such an amazing time and i feel like you can mean so much more for the kids when you stay longer. I also can't wait to return to South-Africa and to SAVE to experience it all over again!
Brynja

Amazing experience with the best people!

Taking part in the SAVE project is one of the best decisions I have ever made. Everyone at SAVE were very kind and welcoming. I took part in the surf and adventure program in Cape Town and it was so much fun. Helping out in pre-schools in the mornings and then doing sports with the older kids in the afternoon. I myself learnt a lot in my time with SAVE about different cultures and working with children. It was so uplifting and inspiring to work with these amazing kids, teachers and other volunteers and everyone had the most positive attitude. This program allowed me to make friends for life from all over the world and for that I am so thankful!!
This was a one of a kind experience and I am lucky to have had the opportunity to take part in this program and have the time of my life!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I only stayed for 3 weeks at the program this time, if I got to do it again I would stay for at least 6 weeks!
Giulia

My experience with SAVE was amazing, definitely the best thing I did so far.

I was in the Surf Adventure program where we volunteered in the schools of the townships in the morning, and then in the afternoon with older kids in sporting activities, including swim, surf, dance and boxing.

SAVE is an organization run by a lot of amazing people with a great heart that really try to make things better, they work hard and with love not only for the communities, but also for the volunteers, they make you feel at home.

These children live in a township where homes are often built from scrap metal and second hand materials, without running water, and violence is common in this neighborhood. So their work is essential to make these children’s lives better.

Volunteering with them was a life changing experience where I met amazing people, have a lot of fun and make unforgettable memories so I highly recommend them and I hope to go back some day! ❤️

Wout

The time of my life.

Volunteering with SAVE was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. SAVE is a wonderful organization that cares a lot about the community. The people that run it are dedicated and have their heart in the right place. These people were kind, helpful, hardworking. And most importantly they made you feel welcome. The other volunteers I worked with became good friends of me. We were a very intimate group of people who loved working together as a team, trying to educate and entertain the kids. The 4 weeks I spend in South Africa were some of the best weeks of my life. I will honestly never forget what this program has done for me and what it has taught me. The kids and teachers were incredibly nice and helpful and I still miss them every day. I hope I can come back someday and see them all again.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I first arrived in Cape Town.
There I was at the other side of the world, by myself, being in unfamiliar territory. I was afraid of many things, I thought I wasn't going to make friends, or even find my driver that would pick me up. But I realized how big this opportunity was and how much I wanted it, so I forgot about the nerves and concentrated on the things that were to come. It's normal to be nervous and perhaps a little scared but there is no reason to be!