SAVE Volunteering Humanitarian Projects

Surf project SAVE
We are doing fingerpaint
We are doing fingerpaint
Pure love.
That smile and those eyes makes me happy.
All my kids.
One day we made moustaches out of PlayDooh. The kids just love fantasy play a lot... and selfies obviously ;)

SAVE Volunteering is a Non-Profit Organisation. We are NOT a booking agent: we run, manage and fund all of our Humanitarian and Wildlife Projects with the help of volunteers.
We believe in transparent and sustainable programs that impact our local community and wildlife.

The volunteer fees go towards, food, accommodation, transport, orientation and the rest of the money gets donated to the NPO for running costs such as stationary or meals for the children and meals for the Wildlife.

Join one of our amazing projects and leave with a life-changing experience!

• Help us better the lives of the children on our Humanitarian projects and the Animals on our Wildlife project.
  • Educate children to better their future on our Humanitarian projects and build structures and homes for our animals on our Wildlife projects.
  • Form a relationship with our children and see the world through their eyes on our Humanitarian projects. Protect Africas Wildlife on our Wildlife projects.
  • Learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals on our Wildlife projects. Learn about patience and hard work on our Humanitarian projects.
  • Have a close animal encounter with some of the human tolerant animals on our Wildlife projects. Spend time with children in need of your affection and attention on our Humanitarian projects.

Popular Programs

You will work on an environmental sanctuary for any captive-bred big cats. Assist animals that once had no hope and learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals.

A once in a lifetime experience indeed! Experience Africa’s unique environment and wildlife, be part of the difference that returns the environment to its natural, original state.

Learn about the behavior of Great White Sharks and other species and spend time at sea obtaining help, support, and encouragement from Marine Biologists.

Children living in impoverished communities have a huge need for youth development projects which serve to teach them valuable life skills such as teamwork, structure, discipline and which uplifts their self-esteem through the realization of talent.

The main objective is empowering the local community and supporting them with their basic needs. We regularly distribute food hampers to the underprivileged and clothes in the winter. We engage these communities in regular education, motivation, and social upliftment programs and exciting events such as fun at the beach, various sporting activities and movie outings that are hosted throughout the year.

Luci

Turning point in my life

A friend told me about the SAVE Adventure program and he was so excited I immediately booked my trip. When I left I really needed the escape from Holland since it was super busy and stressful with university and social life. Form the moment of arriving I was in good hands. They showed us around Capetown and the group of fellow volunteers were beyond amazing and we became good friends very fast. I never wanted to go to bed, just to spend more hours awake at SAVE. Also, waking up was never so easy and fun since I got to work with all the people around me and the kids again. I felt like a kid myself and enjoyed every bit of it. It made me reflect on my own life, and I found out what is important in life for me. I would have never been the person who I now am, without the SAVE experience. Everything was well arranged, there was plenty room for own projects, if anything they support that. So to conclude; take on this adventure! It is definitely worth everything. The organisation takes care of its volunteers, its staff and its kids in the Townships. It is very trustworthy. Have fun!

Rolf

Best experience ever!!!

My experience with SAVE volunteering was so incredible that it’s hard to find words to give justice to everything I gained from working with all the kids in Cape Town. From each activity, I have personally learned many valuable life lessons in helping others. I began to realize that there is nothing more valuable than helping people who are not able to help themselves. In a world today that's so revolved and obsessed with money, it was fulfilling that I did something to make a real difference in the life of these little kids.

Overall the work was far more rewarding than I expected. I've learnt so much and I wouldn't trade this experience with anything else. I’ll never forget the smile some of the children gave me. I've volunteered three times with SAVE by now and I can recommend everyone to volunteer with SAVE :)!!! I don't know when, but I know that I'll go back one day!

Enjoy every moment that you're in South Africa (before you realize you're back home). And most important of all: make new friends with people from all over the world. You're making lifetime experiences in South Africa so it's very nice to share this together with other volunteers.
Mali

My stay with save

I volunteered with save for three month on their educare program and it was the best three months of my life! The kids and the teachers gave me so much life and inspiration. The relationship I built with the two teacher at Good Hope will forever be a most valued memory. I am so happy to be back and working with SAVE. Working in the community everyday is a true privilege i’m very grateful for. I think volunteering with the projects save offers is a valuable and educational time spent that everyone will take wisdom from. Instead of a nice vacation in fancy places, you should come here and do something meaningful for our dear kids and community. The accommodation the volunteers stay in feels like a home and the staff is always very helpful if we feel like we are missing something and making sure we are comfortable.

Lynn

Awesome

It’s amazing to be a part of something bigger than yourself. I met such an amazing people, every single one had a different way of living. Togheter you help the kids to have a better life. You will love the kids with you’re whole heart. Education is the best weapon to change the world. Save is not just a organization, save is a family where you can be a part of. The food was cooked by such a sweet women. But you have to understand that she has to cook for more than 40 people, and they also need the money for food in the townships. So the food is good! But different than you maybe used to. The location is perfect, close to the beach, supermarket, shoppingmall, little restaurants, 30 minutes to the center of Cape Town and there is a swimmingpool.

Be open minded. Meet new people all over the world, be ready for new adventurens and help the kids at the project with the best you can.
Bryan

One of the best experiences of my life

The staff at SAVE absolutely make this experience amazing. Cool, down to earth, helpful, I can’t say enough about them. The projects are fun and impactful. The kids are great and you can see this program is making a difference for them. I did the holiday project which consisted of beach days, surfing, educational scavenger hunts at the waterfront, hiking and more. The Table View location is a short walk from a nice beach with plenty stores and anything else you could need nearby. You will have some down time and days off to explore. There are some amazing hikes nearby like Lion’s Head and Table Mountain. Downtown Cape Town isn’t far at all. This was an experience I will be forever grateful for and hope to come back soon! Thank you SAVE!!!!!

Come with an open mind and willing to lend a hand where ever needed. Make friends and explore the area
Alina

Volunteering at SAVE

I’ve been volunteering at save foundation for 8 weeks and I totally loved it. It was easy to get into the program as the staff is really welcoming and concerning about that everyone feels well. The orientation helped a lot at the beginning. The program itself is good organized and a lot of diverse things are going on. The organization is really open if you would like to do any adventures. Also the surf was such a fun time!! All in all it has been a very good time there and I would highly recommend to go there :)

Natascha

Amazing Volunteer experience

I had an amazing volunteer experience with SAVE. I was on the Sunshine project and the surf project - and on both of the projects I learned a lot about my self and the world we are living in. The culture and the way of living is so diffent from what I am used to, which was really good for me to experience the difference in way of living.
The organization SAVE is a good and structured organization and I am really glad I choose them for my stay i south Africa. The staff are good at involving the volunteers and they all have a lot of creative ideas and a good heart for the job they do!
the kids are amazing and have such at big cheerfulness and as a volunteer you learn a lot from them and you really connect with them!

I was quite happy for my stay, so I wouldn't say anything should improves.
Karen Cha

Hartees Animal Project - African Wildlife Protection

This project is so great! The people on this project are so friendly and dedicated (Gail, Cassandra etc.). We stayed in Hartebeesport together with our team leader Cassandra, which was very, very safe! And Cassandra is really kind.

I especially liked the project, because we did a lot of varied jobs during our stay: we worked with monkeys, cheetahs, elephants, owls, cats and dogs. And we did a very meaningful job!

I can definitely recommend this project, if you like animals and want to do a difference.