Multiple Locations +4

Age Max
Groups
Small Group (1-15)

Pricing

Includes: 3 meals a day, accommodation, transport, orientation, 24 hr support and donation to the NPO
What's Included
Accommodation Meals Transportation
What's Not Included
Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Equipment SIM cards Travel Insurance Visa Wifi
Dec 02, 2019
Oct 18, 2021

SAVE Volunteering is a Non-Profit Organisation. We are NOT a booking agent: we run, manage and fund all of our Humanitarian and Wildlife Projects with the help of volunteers.
We believe in transparent and sustainable programs that impact our local community and wildlife.

The volunteer fees go towards, food, accommodation, transport, orientation and the rest of the money gets donated to the NPO for running costs such as stationary or meals for the children and meals for the Wildlife.

Join one of our amazing projects and leave with a life-changing experience!

Program Highlights

• Help us better the lives of the children on our Humanitarian projects and the Animals on our Wildlife project.
  • Educate children to better their future on our Humanitarian projects and build structures and homes for our animals on our Wildlife projects.
  • Form a relationship with our children and see the world through their eyes on our Humanitarian projects. Protect Africas Wildlife on our Wildlife projects.
  • Learn about conservation and Africa’s wild animals on our Wildlife projects. Learn about patience and hard work on our Humanitarian projects.
  • Have a close animal encounter with some of the human tolerant animals on our Wildlife projects. Spend time with children in need of your affection and attention on our Humanitarian projects.

Popular Programs

Sports with the youth

Children living in impoverished communities have a huge need for youth development projects which serve to teach them valuable life skills such as teamwork, structure, discipline and which uplifts their self-esteem through the realization of talent.

Volunteer with a child

The main objective is empowering the local community and supporting them with their basic needs. We regularly distribute food hampers to the underprivileged and clothes in the winter. We engage these communities in regular education, motivation, and social upliftment programs and exciting events such as fun at the beach, various sporting activities and movie outings that are hosted throughout the year.

At the preschool

Volunteers are placed in pre-schools in disadvantaged communities. No experience is necessary and volunteers can have the joy of watching a child learn and helping them through the process. You will be assigned to a class and will help the teacher in their daily tasks, be it teaching, marking or sports training. After school hours volunteers will be involved in after care or after school programs in the settlements.

Volunteers surfing with students

This project is a great way for volunteers to gain experience working with children and groups. Learning new outdoor activities such as swimming, boxing, spike ball surfing and skateboarding – volunteers receive lessons so they can help teach the children.

Volunteer attending to a sick baby

The Clinic is based in Epukiro provides free primary health care services to more than 3,500 patients every year – through both clinic-based healthcare and personal outreach around the region. More than 40% of the patients treated there are children and more than 90% are San Bushmen. A huge focus of the work at the Clinic is to tackle the tuberculosis burden within the San population. The clinic is quite literally a lifeline for thousands of San Bushman.

• 9-10 rating 87.61%
  • 7-8 rating 9.73%
  • 5-6 rating 0.88%
  • 3-4 rating 0.88%
  • 1-2 rating 0.88%
Isabella

Best experience of my entire life!!

The volunteering was way more special than I thought and I had all sort of good expectations already but the experience was still able to surprise me in a good way. The support the foundation gives to us and all the love we receive from the children actually shows that when u go there u are supposed to give something to them but u are the one who gets the most beautiful feelings and memories u could ever ask for. After my short 2 weeks the only thing I know it’s that I’m so coming back! Loved every single moment!

I would stay way more than 2 weeks! It was not enough at all💗
Hailey

yee haw for South Africa!!

Absolutely loved it !! Truly there is no experience quite like it, I grew so much as a person and learned so much about the world around me.

I traveled alone and had no issues at all!! Jess (one of the coordinators) was there the whole time and helped so much!! I would recommend going for as long as you can (1.5 months is a good minimum). I left in February to April and the weather was great!! I met so many people there that I love and am still friends with. The connections I made have made me into a new person, South Africa will always have a very big piece of my heart !!!

If you’re thinking about it, JUST DO IT!! You won’t regret it!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would go longer honestly!! Two months is a great amount, simply because there is so much to do and so much to see!! The longer you are there the more impact you’ll feel in the community as well!!
Hailey

GO FOR IT

I CANNOT STRESS HOW GREAT IT IS TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS PROGRAM. Truly life changing. I’m 22 and went by myself & had no issues at all!! Jess (one of the coordinators) really gives it her all and is there for you the whole time. I met so many fiends around the world and have trips to go and see them all!! I left in February - April of 2021 and would recommend going for at least two months & this time of year was beautiful.

If you have been dreaming of a trip like this, THIS is the one to do!!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
i would go LONGER than I did, it really is that great!!!
Pierre

Youth development and sport project

There is no word strong enough to explain what i was living that all time in South Africa. All the things I’ve been through, people I met , things I did .. it’s deep in your soul and your body and that changed me for the rest of my life honestly. It’s really hard to explain, you just need to try this experience and to live it 200% and do everything you can.
The organization helps you to do activities, find good opportunities , help people in need,... it’s a mix of emotions all the time. This is unbelievable, still have nostalgia of those moments and people.. I would definitely recommend to try and to go there !

Just be yourself , be open minded ; discover as much as you can , talk , laugh , cry , share , and you are going to live one of the best experience of your life..
Cristina

What does it means to be a volunteer?

Two years ago I went in Cape Town and I did the volunteer with Save Foundation. There are to many word to describe my experience with them, but no many to describe what I felt. If I can describe it in two words I will use beauty and love.
You will fall in love with Cape Town as town, with all the beautiful place to visit and to know their history. You will see an other face of Cape Town, because if you go in the middle of the town, you will see skyscrapers, hotels. But if you go to the suburb with Save Foundation, you will fall in love with this town. The suburb has a name and it is Dunuun, it is not a save place, but the kids and the teachers that you will meet, they are gorgeous and the kids shine when they see you.

You will update your vocabulary to describe all the moment with them, they are amazing, they are like a volcano of happinesses, they always smile, they want a lot of hug, they are amazing. When you spend the time with them, you forget about your personal problems, in the moment they are your target.

You will find a family in Save Foundation, because you will live for a short moment of your life with other volunteers from all the country of the world. You will make new friendships and when the experience will end, you will stay in contact for a long a time.

I really suggest you, to do this experience with them.

Emily

Amazing Company and Projects!

SAVE is an amazing company that really cares about their volunteers and the communities they help. I spent two weeks volunteering in Dunoon with SAVE and from the daily family dinners, car rides to placements and the placements themselves, it’s difficult to choose a favourite experience!
The other volunteers you meet will only enhance the experience, and I am still in contact with most today!
If you are looking to volunteer in South Africa, I highly recommend SAVE as you know you’ll be safe, enjoy your time and contribute meaningfully to the project.

Weenie

Cannot recommend it enough

I cannot describe the impact my experience at SAVE has had on my life. I was absolutely captivated by the school I worked at as well as by the SAVE staff and Cape Town as a whole. Ive lived in South Africa before but never in Cape Town and volunteering for SAVE was a truly special way to see the city and make an impact.

I highly recommend this program to anyone that’s ready to meaningfully contribute to a community in a new place and also see one of the most beautiful cities on the planet! It really is something that will change the way you see things- please please do it!!

My advice would be to embrace everything that’s thrown at you and to prepare for the best stay of your life!
Ylva

Amazing time at Surf and Adventure Program

The Surf and Adventure program consists of spending mornings at a township, spending the most amazing time helping the teachers run their little schools, helping shape the kids education and making bonds with the wonderful teachers. The afternoons are full of fun, doing sport activities (surfing, skating, swimming etc.) with teens from the same neighbourhood/township where you spend your mornings.

Having experience as a teacher or being good at surfing etc. is not a requirement (trust me, after three months on a surfing board I still could not do it), the only thing you need is a positive attitude and motivation to make something of your day, because you are there for the kids!

The organisation SAVE has staff that love their work and it shows, they put a lot of effort to shape the program (when the kids have holiday weeks they arranged for us to take them into capetown and see museums for example!) and are also there for you on a personal level (when missing family or feeling sick).

I would recommed SAVE because they offer a very rewarding program and I would go back any day if i could.

PS. on a more personal note, the way you spend a lot of the activities together with other volunteers and live together, you make the most amazing friendships that last a long time after everybody is back home!

Be prepared! Look up on facebook what are good educational games and activities for little kids with limited supplies, it feels good to propose something and it being received well!
And spend your weekends exploring the beautiful surroundings. South Africa has a lot to offer ( I know you might be tired but you will regret it if you go to the beach instead of climb table mountain :) )

The number one comment people made was 'I wish I would have booked more weeks...'