Meaningful Volunteer Projects in Nepal - Non Profit Org

Nepal is one of the most stunningly beautiful and culturally rich countries in the world. It is home to Mount Everest, the birthplace of Buddha, and an astonishingly beautiful landscape, ranging from the well-known peaks of the Himalaya to the low-lying regions of the Terai. However, Nepal is also one of the most under-developed countries in the world and truly needs the help of global volunteers.

Projects include:
- Community Construction
-Stray Dog Rehabilitation
-Medical Hospital Internship
-Mount Everest Base Camp Trek & Volunteering Experience

Join over 20,000 IVI volunteers and make a real difference! IVI is a Charity & Non Profit Org.

• Everest Base Camp Trek and Volunteering Combination Offered
  • Check out our Adventure Week in Nepal!
  • Available all year round - Short & Long Term Stays
  • Quality Accommodation in Central Location
  • IVI has 30+ years experience - Offering Affordable and Trusted Programs

Coronavirus Update

Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, anyone who has booked with IVI can change or delay their project until August 2021.

Popular Programs

kindergarten kids on IVI volunteer project

Provide assistance to under-staffed kindergartens in Kathmandu teaching basic English and life skills. Bring along your energy and enthusiasm for teaching 3 to 6 year olds, using basic English, games, songs and creative activities.

puppy looking sad

This program aims to rescue injured and mistreated stray dogs for rehabilitation and safe housing in pet shelters so they can be put up for adoption of released. Feed, walk, care for and clean the animals, giving them lots of love and attention!

women in classrooom

The adult literacy rate in Nepal is 67% and even less for woman. Help empower young and elderly woman with education so they can help bring themselves and their families out of poverty

IVI construction volunteers

On Saturday 25th April, 2015 the most powerful earthquake to hit Nepal since 1934 struck near Saurpani, between capital Kathmandu and tourist town Pokhara. Measuring 7.9 on the Richter scale, up to 10,000 people are believed to have died from the natural disaster. Here you'll focus on the rebuilding of schools, orphanages and health centers in Kathmandu and remote villages deep in the mountains of Nepal.

Monique

Stray Dog Rehabilitation- Nepal Review

I had an amazing time volunteering at the KAT center. I really loved spending time with the animals. Answers are below.

Highlights of the trip:
The highlight of the trip was working at the KAT center. It was so rewarding and I just loved being able to spend time with the dogs and able to bring them so joy throughout the day.

Comments on the team, food and accommodation:
The team was amazing. Lok was fantastic and assisted with every request. The team at the house were also great especially Sapna.
The food was great also. The staff who did the working at the house were so kindly and friendly.
The accommodation was good. My bed was very hard but I did expect. My only disappointment was the bathroom and that the toilet didn’t work all the time and some of the other volunteers didn’t have enough respect for others to clean up after themselves. It was really quiet gross at times. I did inform Sapna about this.

When booking the trip, I had through that I had booked 2 weeks at the KAT center to only be told that I had to do the culture/introduction week for the first week then go to the center on the 2nd week. I had this changed and only did the first day and then went to the center. I think that this should be more clear at the time of booking.

On arrival at the KAT center I didn’t really get an introduction and wasn’t shown around. I think that it is so important that the volunteers are shown were everything is and receive an explanation about the dogs that are in the center. They also need to have signs on the cages of the dogs that you are not allowed to interact with. One of the girls was cuddling a dog with distemper and she didn’t know it as then wasn’t allow to handle any of the other dogs for the rest of the day in case the disease was spread.
Jessie

Medical and earthquake rebuilding

The hospital was great I learnt so much from Dr Shanta he was an amazing mentor.

Earthquake rebuilding was definitely my favourite week, it was so authentic and I felt that I was making a real difference there. The host mother was beautiful and fed us very well. It was nice to get involved with the locals more than I did in Kathmandu as well.

Doing the extra activities including the HealthOutReach program was really good as well because I could see there had been a lack of education around basic hygiene, nutrition and first aid so I think it was really beneficial to the schools that we went to to teach them this. And I hope that they will talk with others in the community about what they learnt so that it can spread and do greater good.

The hosts were fantastic, all the staff were friendly, efficient and ready to do absolutely anything to help us. The food was great and so was the accommodation, it was located in a good spot and I felt safe at all times.

Honestly I think IVI have been amazing, both in Nepal and before we left. I have no complaints and will definitely be recommending IVI (and possibly coming back again!)
Thank-you
Jessie

Medical team preparation meeting prior to arrival