Volunteer to build a classroom in Nicaragua with SOS

Volunteer with SOS to help refurbish a kindergarten classroom in Las Escaleras, Nicaragua! This project will continue the work started by another SOS volunteer group in May to improve the educational structure. During the trip, volunteers will be able to take part in community cultural activities and learn a great deal while exploring the community and surrounding areas.

volunteer8

Trip of a lifetime!

Students Offering Support is a wonderful organization. This trip to Las Escalares was meant to build a basic building that would be used as a primary school and the final result saw volunteers finishing a good portion of the building, creating stairs for community entrances, teaching English, playing and interacting with community members and creating real, strong emotional connections.

If I could change one thing it would be that everyone takes a Spanish course or gets the basics. Overcoming the language barrier is one of the most difficult trials. However, even when you don't speak the same language, the smiles and hand gestures that are universal to everyone still allow a connection.
Michel

Amazing time!

Our SOS volunteer group had an amazing two weeks within our host community. We were greeted with open arms and got a real feel for the culture and people; it could not have been a more authentic experience. The impact we made on the community's education resources was highly visible; I could not be happier with the trip!

Pack plenty of sunscreen and bug spray!