Amigos de las Americas - Panama: Azuero

Azuero, Panama
Azuero, Panama

Explore the Azuero Peninsula while you promote health and environmental protection! Become part of your community by living with a host family and volunteering. Live with a local Panamanian family in a rural community near the small city of Chitré, where you’ll work with your partner, Panamanian students, and local residents to plan and carry out your service project to earn 215 service hours. You’ll also get to lead daily activities for kids on topics like hygiene, exercise, and nutrition.

• Live like a local with a host family
  • Earn 215 service hours while working on a community health project
  • Make new friends from all over the world
  • Improve your Spanish through authentic cultural immersion

Meghan

AMIGOS is the best!

AMIGOS provides a unique opportunity to step entirely into another culture while being supported in all matters related to health and safety. In high school, I spent 8 weeks living with a host family and working with my AMIGOS partner and local youth on a service project. Since then, I have traveled to 20+ countries and I have always struggled to find the same level of authentic immersion that AMIGOS provided me. The Azuero project provided me with a lot of insight into how environmental issues are addressed in Panama and lots of Spanish practice. I can't recommend this program enough!